Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
Department of Otolaryngology
Specialized in: otolaryngology, pediatric surgery
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Hospital in Cologne Holweide is a modern medical service in a large district of Cologne for the surgical and conservative treatment of diseases of head and neck, especially throat, nose, sinuses and ears. The Department has a state of the art equipment for the detection and treatment of diseases, such as endoscopes, video, computer equipment for radiometry and ultrasound diagnostics. Thanks to the introduction of modern tools and new operating methods, the Otolaringology Department is able to offer a big variety of surgeries, outpatient procedures or treatment in a partial inpatient regime. In the treatment of ENT diseases both surgical and conservative approaches are being applied. This Department is the first Department in the region, offering the latest and the most modern middle ear implant ESTEEM.
The range of services
- Surgical treatment
- Treatment of benign and malignant neoplasms, surgery with preservation of the larynx
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery, as well as salivary glands surgery (resection of adenoids and tonsils); treatment of sleep disorders, breathing, snoring, sublingual and submandibular glands surgery, reconstructive surgery with facial paralysis
- Laryngeal, tracheal, bronchial and esophagus surgery (endoscopic resection of defects, tracheostomy, laryngectomy)
- Treatment of injuries and diseases of the facial skeleton and soft tissues (scar correction, treatment of fractures of the eye socket, nose, surgery on the eyelids)
- Nasal and paranasal sinuses surgery, including rhinoplasty
- Ear Surgery (pinna, soft tissues and external auditory canal, tympanic membrane, nerve decompression, treatment of otosclerosis, implantation of earphones and osteophones)
- Conservative treatment of ENT diseases
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face and neck
- Phoniatrics and Allergology
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide is a part of the University of Cologne. Alongside with a wide range of treatment of diseases represented in the clinic, the hospital specializes in the following areas: gynecology and obstetrics, urology, ENT therapy, radiology. There is also a specialized clinic for the treatment of visceral (internal organs of the body). The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide applies minimally invasive technologies and sparing treatment methods.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
- Cologne, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: