Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
Department of Oncology and Gastroenterology
A. J. Dormann
Specialized in:, oncology, gastroenterology
Department of Gastroenterology in Cologne offers an optimal diagnosis and treatment of the digestive system diseases (esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and intestines).
The Department provides a complete range of general and specialized gastroenterological professional services for treatment of diseases, including diseases of the liver and biliary tract, inflammatory bowel disease, pancreas, esophagus and functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Standardized, intersectoral interdisciplinary treatment of patients with colorectal cancer occurs in the certified center of treatment of intestinal diseases.
Patients get treatment from a highly professional, motivated and friendly professional team with a big experience in carrying out various medical procedures, as well as treatment using modern endoscopes with innovative HD technologies.
The range of services of Gastroenterological Department in Cologne:
• Diseases of the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and intestines
• Functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
• Extensive experience in gastroenterological diagnostics of tumors and interventional therapy
• A certified Intestinal Center for the treatment of colorectal cancer
• Reflux Center for patients with pathologically increased gastric acid reflux into the esophagus
• Abdomen and pelvis treatment center with a special room for patients with chronic diseases of the pelvic area organs and abdomen
• Center for the treatment of patients with high risk endoscopic lesions (Z-PEER), in a close coordination with privately practicing physicians
• Nutritional problems, incl. interventional diet therapy
• High competence in the branch of capsule endoscopy (Training Center)
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide is a part of the University of Cologne. Alongside with a wide range of treatment of diseases represented in the clinic, the hospital specializes in the following areas: gynecology and obstetrics, urology, ENT therapy, radiology. There is also a specialized clinic for the treatment of visceral (internal organs of the body). The Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide applies minimally invasive technologies and sparing treatment methods.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Academic Hospital Cologne-Holweide
- Cologne, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: