Academic Hospital Merheim Cologne
Department of Gastroenterology
Specialized in: oncology, gastroenterology
Department of Gastroenterology in Cologne offers an optimal diagnosis and treatment of digestive system organs (esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and intestines).
The Department offers the whole range of competent services for general and specialized gastroenterology, including liver and biliary excretion diseases, chronic and inflammatory bowel, pancreas, esophagus diseases as well as functional disorders of the digestive tract. A standardized, interdisciplinary, specialized care of patients with colorectal carcinoma is carried out in the Department of the Certified Enterology Center.
Patients can expect not only a highly skilled, motivated, friendly professional team with a big experience in the treatment, but also the patient care using modern endoscopes with innovative HDTV-technologies is guaranteed.
The main specialization in Gastroenterology Field at the departments of Cologne:
- Diseases of esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and intestines
- Functional disorders of the digestive tract
- Complex examination concerning the diagnosis of tumors in gastroenterology and interventional therapy
- Certified Enterology Center for colon cancer treatment
- Reflux Center for patients with pain, exceeded, reflux (backflow) of gastric juice into the esophagus
- Center for Treatment of abdominal and pelvic organs with special reception hours for patients with chronic problems in the area of the abdomen and pelvis
- Center for Treatment of patients with high-risk endoscopic diseases (Z-PEER) in close cooperation with the certified private Doctors and Practitioners
- Digestive problems, incl. invasive therapy
- Highly skilled specialists in capsule endoscopy (Training Center)
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim is part of the University of Cologne. Besides a wide range of treatment of diseases presented in the clinic, the hospital specializes in the following areas: ophthalmology, radiology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, orthopedics and traumatology and so on. The Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim specializes in the application of minimally invasive technologies and meets the strict criteria of modern medicine.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Academic Hospital Merheim Cologne
- Cologne, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: