Academic Hospital Merheim Cologne
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Pneumology and Sleep Medicine
Specialized in: pulmonology
The Department is a center for the study of organs, which offers a comprehensive treatment of all diseases of the chest – with the exception of heart.
Through the interdisciplinary, timely, simultaneous and cooperative collaboration of colleagues in different disciplines as well as through a contact person the patients are offered an optimized diagnosis and therapy with an optimal schedule. Pulmonary Cancer Center in Cologne-Merheim meets the quality criteria of the German Cancer Society and is the first Regional Center, that has received an award of the Pulmonary Cancer Center as well as the recommendation of the German Cancer Society. The Center for Transfer of the patient on the self-contained breathing has been marked by the German Society for Pneumology and Respiratory Medicine.
The main directions of the treatment at the Specialized Department:
- All therapeutic-pneumological and by thoracic surgery treatable diseases of chest, lungs and respiratory tracts by carrying out the general diagnostics and therapeutic interventions by means of pneumological intensive care medicine and thoracic surgery medicine, expecially taking into account the switching-off lung breathing apparatus (ventilator) (weaning)
- Multimodal treatment of tumors of the lungs and thorax in combination with chemoradiation and operative therapy according to the characteristics
- Surgery of metastases in the lungs/ wandering thorax diseases/ mediastinum
- Invasive bronchology
- Conservative and invasive treatment of complex chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases
- Long-term respiration and acute non-invasive lung injury, mechanical ventilation
- Sleep Laboratory for the diagnosis and treatment of all forms of sleep disorders
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim is part of the University of Cologne. Besides a wide range of treatment of diseases presented in the clinic, the hospital specializes in the following areas: ophthalmology, radiology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, orthopedics and traumatology and so on. The Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim specializes in the application of minimally invasive technologies and meets the strict criteria of modern medicine.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Academic Hospital Merheim Cologne
- Cologne, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: