Academic Hospital Merheim Cologne
Department of Nephrology, Transplant and Intensive Care Therapy
Specialized in: internal medicine, nephrology
Medical Department I is an interregional center for the treatment of diseases of internal organs with the main directions as follows:
- General internal medicine
- Kidney and high pressure diseases
- Dialysis treatment
- Gastroenterology/ hepatology / proctology
- Intensive therapy and emergency medicine
- Transplantation medicine
- Clinical immunology and infectology
Center for treatment of kidney and high pressure diseases is known far beyond the borders of Cologne and dedicates its activity not only to the work on inpatient and outpatient diagnosis and high-pressure treatment, but also to the all known diseases of kidneys, and, finally, the immunological system diseases (lupus erythematosus, gangrenous granuloma, Goodpasture's syndrome).
The use of dialysis requires all recognized methods of kidney transplantation at a high technical level. If necessary the care for patients with acute or chronic kidney failure is carried out round-the-clock 365 days a year.
Within a framework of the transplantation program, the Department (of kidney and pancreas) works closely with the Department of Visceral Surgery. At the same time an interdisciplinary transplantation station is used.
In addition, the main directions of the Department in the branch of internal medicine include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypertension
- Diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases and kidney transplantation, as well as pancreas transplantation
- Diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal tract diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of anus diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of of liver, gallbladder and pancreas diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious parasitic diseases
- Patient care before and after transplantation
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired immunodeficiency diseases, including HIV and AIDS
- Special hours of patients reception with immune system diseases
- Special hours of patients reception with diseases in the branch gastroenterology and hepatology
The Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim is part of the University of Cologne. Besides a wide range of treatment of diseases presented in the clinic, the hospital specializes in the following areas: ophthalmology, radiology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, orthopedics and traumatology and so on. The Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim specializes in the application of minimally invasive technologies and meets the strict criteria of modern medicine.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Academic Hospital Merheim Cologne
- Cologne, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: