Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid
Department of Internal Medicine I (Gastroenterology, Hematology, Onkology, Cardiology, Pulmology, Sport Medicine)
Specialized in: oncology, hematology, gastroenterology, cardiology, infectology, pulmology
The main treatment areas of focus for the Department of Internal Medicine I, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Budde, are invasive and non-invasive cardiac diagnostics and therapy of all cardiac diseases. According to the FOCUS list of specialist clinics, in 2015, the department is once again ranked as one of the best clinics in Germany. Thanks to numerous improvements in catheter technology, today it is possible to remove a stenosis of the coronary vessel, thus avoiding bypass surgery, which would otherwise be necessary.
The Department of Internal Medicine I, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Budde, has all the necessary, most modern technology, including two left-catheter measuring stations with digital image processing and archiving feature. Also, examinations using cardiac CT and cardiac MR (cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging) provides the option of non-invasive imaging of the heart.
Further focal areas in the Department of Internal Medicine I at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen are the treatment of gastroenterological and hemato-oncological diseases. Comprehensive diagnostics and therapy including interventional endoscopic tumor therapy methods are also offered.
The Department of Internal Medicine I at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Budde, covers the following range of services:
- Invasive and non-invasive cardiological diagnostics and therapy including intervention cardiology and cardiological electrophysiology (two left-catheter measuring stations, intravascular ultrasound, rotablation, cardiac MR, electrophysiological measuring station, CARTO 3 System, CARTOSound, intracardiac ultrasound)
- Gastroenterology: gastroenterological diagnostics and therapy including diagnostic and interventional endoscopy
- Interventional therapy of early-stage carcinoma, e.g. Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR); endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)
- Radio frequency ablation of Barrett's epithelium
- Capsule endoscopy
- Double-balloon enteroscopy
- Maintenance of the ESD-registry for the therapy of gastrointestinal early-stage carcinoma (www.esd-register.de)
- Outpatient treatment of Crohn’s disease and colitis ulcerosa
- Internistic oncology and hematology: outpatient and inpatient diagnostics and therapy of tumor diseases incl. nutrition counselling and pain treatment
- Diagnosis and therapy of pulmonary diseases including special lung function tests, bronchoscopy, drainage treatment
- Internistic emergency care
- Internistic intensive medicine
- Preventative care:
- check-up for managers
- check-up for women (in collaboration with the gynecological clinic)
- Outpatient oncological rehabilitation
With 900 beds and approximately 2,050 employees in two branches, the Alfried Krupp Hospital is one of the larger hospital institutions in Essen. As one of the leading providers of acute care in North Rhine-Westphalia, the Alfried Krupp Hospital with its wide range of services and high-quality medical care is an important institution beyond the borders of the region. As an academic educational institution of the University of Duisburg-Essen, it consists of 18 medical clinics as well as 14 certified centers.
The Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus in Essen-Rüttenscheid is known by its highest professionalism and complex thinking and dealing across different disciplines.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid
- Essen, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: