Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele
Department of Internal Medicine III
Peter Caspar Schulte
Specialized in: pulmonology, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, oncology
The main objective of the Department of Internal Medicine III at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele, headed by Dr. Peter Caspar Schulte, is an all-round and comprehensive treatment of the patients with all the forms of diseases of internal organs. The patients diagnosed with a few diseases are monitored by the group of doctors with various specializations. The Department of Internal Medicine in Essen-Steele, headed by M.D. Peter Caspar Schulte, offers laboratory diagnosis (24/7), intensive care with all the opportunities for the treatment of acute life-threatening diseases and comprehensive consultation services for the patients and their relatives. The Department of Internal Medicine III maintains close cooperation with other Departments of the Hospital.
The Department of Internal Medicine III of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele, headed by Dr. Peter Caspar Schulte, specializes in diagnosis and treatment of lung diseases (pneumology). The Department of Internal Medicine III includes the Accredited Sleep Disorder Center (Sleep Laboratory) and the Weaning Unit. The stomach and intestinal diseases
(gastroenterology) are treated here as well.
The Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele offers almost the full range of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities for the treatment of lung and respiratory tract diseases.
- Pneumology with endoscopy and thoracic oncology
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
The Department is focused on the treatment of the following disorders in the field of gastroenterology and oncology:
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Esophagitis/reflux disease (gastroesophageal reflux diseases)
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach (gastritis) and stomach ulcer
- Bowel cancer (colon cancer)
- Inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic cancer
The spectrum of the provided services includes:
- Pharmacological stress echocardiography
- Long-term (24-hour) ECG recording
- 24-hour blood pressure measurement
- Doppler and duplex ultrasonography
- Therapy with the use of a pacemaker
- Coronary angiography
- Right and left heart catheterization
The Department offers the following services in the field of general therapy of internal diseases with endocrinology and diabetology:
- Functional tests of endocrine organs (hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid gland, pancreas, adrenal glands, gonads)
- Diagnosis of secondary forms of hypertension
- Treatment of the patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Multidisciplinary treatment of diabetic foot syndrome (in cooperation with the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery)
- Instruction for diabetics, nutrition advice
- Bone density measurement DXA (spine, hip, the whole body)
- Consultation services on osteoporosis
- Multidisciplinary pain therapy (in cooperation with the Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Medicine and Pain Therapy II)
With 2 campuses, 900 beds and the staff of 2,050 employees, the Alfried Krupp Hospital is the largest medical institution in Essen. As one of the leading emergency institutions in North Rhine-Westphalia, the Alfried Krupp Hospital provides a wide range of services and medical care of the highest quality. As the Academic Medical Institution of the University of Duisburg-Essen, the Hospital consists of 18 medical departments and 14 certified centers.
The Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele is distinguished due to its highest professionalism, comprehensive approach to the treatment and interaction of various medical specialties.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele
- Essen, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: