Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele
Department of Urology and Urological Oncology
Specialized in: urology
The Department of Urology and Urologic Oncology of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele, headed by M.D. Stephan Buse, offers the full range of therapeutic services for the treatment of urologic diseases. The Department carries out the patient care in close collaboration with the therapists and highly-specialized doctors, who appoint the patients to undertake both diagnosis and treatment not only in the Department of Urology and Urologic Oncology and in other specialized Departments of the Alfried Krupp Hospital, but also in the Departments of numerous partner hospitals and medical institutions. Two Departments have 48 beds for the patient care. The Department is equipped with three endourological operating theatres while two of them have modern Siemens X-ray machines. The third operating theatre has modern surgical equipment for carrying out the transurethral resection (TUR) by means of laser tools. Thus, it is possible to put into practice all the methods of surgical treatment of prostate diseases (Thulep, laser vaporization, TURIS etc.). The operating theatres in the central operating unit are used to carry out more extensive urologic surgeries. The minimally-invasive robotic surgeries are performed in the specially equipped operating theatre.
The Department of Urology and Urologic Oncology of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele, headed by M.D. Stephan Buse, offers the following specialized medical services:
Urologic Oncology – tumor surgery of the whole urogenital tract:
- Kidney tumors
- Bladder tumors
- Prostate tumors
- Tumors of the testicles and epididymis
Plastic reconstructive urologic surgeries:
- Plastic operations on the kidney pelvis
- Bladder replacement surgery, reconstruction of urinary tracts in both male and female patients
- Reconstructive pediatric urology
- Cavernous body implants
- Artificial urinary sphincter implantation
Treatment of regulation functions, excretory functions (urination and defecation):
- Conservative treatment of incontinence
- Training on the ability to regulate excretory functions (urination and defecation): exercises for pelvic, pulse therapy, biofeedback
- Surgical treatment of urinary incontinence
- Sphincter prosthesis implantation
- Botox injection into the bladder in case of urge incontinence
Treatment involving urinary stones:
- Drug prevention of urinary stones
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Endoscopic removal of urinary stones
- Rehabilitation of the urinary tracts by means of open surgery
- Circumcision in case of phimosis
- Conservative treatment of urinary incontinence
Man’s health and andrology:
- Treatment of potency disorders
- Implantation of cavernous body prostheses
- Treatment of male infertility
- Restoration of reproductive function (after vasectomy)
- Conservative and surgical treatment of penile curvature
- Important developmental disorders in terms of andrology
Da Vinci robotic-assisted urological laparoscopy:
- Removal of the prostate in case of prostate cancer with the prostate gland preservation
- Removal of lymph nodes in pelvis
- Removal of kidney cysts
- Partial nephrectomy
- Lymphocele fenestration
- Nephrectomy in case of kidney tumors
- Kidney removal (for example, in case of the diagnosed contracted kidney)
- Removal of adrenal glands
- Surgeries for the reproductive function restoration (vasovasostomy)
With 2 campuses, 900 beds and the staff of 2,050 employees, the Alfried Krupp Hospital is the largest medical institution in Essen. As one of the leading emergency institutions in North Rhine-Westphalia, the Alfried Krupp Hospital provides a wide range of services and medical care of the highest quality. As the Academic Medical Institution of the University of Duisburg-Essen, the Hospital consists of 18 medical departments and 14 certified centers.
The Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele is distinguished due to its highest professionalism, comprehensive approach to the treatment and interaction of various medical specialties.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele
- Essen, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: