Treatment of aortic valve stenosis with balloon valvuloplasty (program ID: 585000)
German Heart Center Berlin
Burkert PieskeSpecialized in: cardiology
Department of Cardiology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- cardiological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- indicators of inflammation
- indicators blood coagulation
- transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- EKG/ ECHO/ x-ray of thr chesе
- holter monitoring (24h)
- heart catheterization
- preoperative care
- balloon valvuloplasty
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Cardiology at the German Heart Center Berlin ranks among the top German clinics for the treatment of heart diseases!
The department offers the diagnostic and treatment services for all diseases of the heart, circulatory system and blood vessels at the highest medical level in accordance with the very latest scientific advances. The department specializes in the catheter treatment of сoronary heart disease, peripheral vascular diseases and heart arrhythmias, as well as in minimally invasive treatment of heart valve diseases and heart failure. The department also includes a specialized unit for the treatment of acute coronary syndrome and angina pectoris. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Burkert Pieske.
The main focus of the department is on diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in cardiovascular diseases. These include, for example, such complex interventions as dilatation and restoration of the patency of coronary vessels, cervical vessels, arteries of the kidneys and legs, minimally invasive treatment of valvular heart disease (transcatheter aortic valve implantation, minimally invasive MitraClip procedure, valvuloplasty), implantation of a pacemakers and defibrillators, as well as the electrophysiological interventions in the treatment of heart arrhythmias.
Many patients also seek help in the department to treat concomitant diseases. A distinctive feature of the department is the extensive experience in internal medicine, which contributes to the fact that the patients with concomitant diseases, such as high blood pressure, lipid metabolism disorders, diabetes mellitus, kidney dysfunction and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases receive the optimal treatment here.
The best quality of medical services and a high level of safety are confirmed by the number of patients being treated here. The department provides medical care for about 3,000 inpatients and also for more than 12,000 outpatients every year. The close interdisciplinary cooperation and active research activities also contribute to the achievement of the best treatment results.
The department’s service range includes the following options:
- Diagnostics of cardiovascular diseases
- All methods for the diagnostics of acute chest pain (specialized Chest Pain Unit)
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Echocardiography (EchoCG)
- Catheter and electrophysiological examinations of the heart
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- Treatment of cardiovascular diseases
- Hypertension treatment (Hypertension Center)
- Coronary heart disease
- Valvular heart diseases
- Valve stenosis
- Valve failure
- Myocardial diseases
- Congenital and acquired types of myopathies
- Treatment of heart failure (all diagnostic and therapeutic options within the German Heart Center Berlin and the Charite University Hospital)
- Heart rhythm disorders
- All diagnostic and treatment methods, including the implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators
- Correction of heart disease risk factors
- Arterial hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes mellitus, etc.
- Pulmonary hypertension
- And other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Education and Professional Experience
- 1987 - 1989 Research Fellow, University of Munich, Germany.
- 1989 - 1990 Visiting Research Fellow, Tokyo, Japan.
- 1991 Visiting Research Fellow, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
- 1995, 1996 Visiting Research Fellow, Loyola University, Chicago, USA.
- 1990 - 1997 Clinical Training, Department of Internal Medicine / Cardiology and Angiology, University of Freiburg, Germany.
- 1997 Specialization in Internal Medicine.
- 1998 Specialization in Cardiology.
- 1998 Habilitation, University of Freiburg, Germany.
- 1998 - 2007 Associate Professor of Cardiology, Department of Cardiology and Pulmonology, University of Göttingen, Germany.
- 2007 - 2014 Head, Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Graz; Visiting Professor and Head of the Clinical Research Program, Department of Cardiology, University of Göttingen, Germany.
- 2010 - 2014 Director of the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Translational Heart Failure Research.
- Since 2014 Director of the Department of Cardiology at the German Heart Centre Berlin; Director of the Department of Cardiology at the University Hospital Charité, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of aortic valve stenosis with balloon valvuloplasty
- Hospital: German Heart Center Berlin
- access_time Duration:
There are 66 aortic valve stenosis treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics