Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation
Specialized in: rehabilitation, neurology
Hegau-Jugendwerk as a specialized clinic and rehabilitation center, offers a comprehensive rehabilitation for children, adolescents and young adults after a neurological disease or injury in an accident since 1972. The clinic offers comprehensive medical, school, vocational, psychological and social rehabilitation at a high quality level.
The goal is comprehensive involvement of a patient in all spheres of life.
- Acquired brain injuries and their consequences as a result of
- Cerebral vascular process (stroke)
- Brain tumors
- Brain Hypoxia
- Inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system (especially multiple sclerosis)
- Paraplegia with a special question formulation Congenital damage of the (central) nervous system in early childhood, such as perinatal brain damage in early childhood, spina bifida
- Brain seizure disorders
- Diseases/disorders of the peripheral nervous system, such as Guillain-Barré syndrome or brachial plexus injury
- (Neuro) muscular diseases (e.g., Friedreich's ataxia, progressive muscular dystrophy, etc.)
- Degenerative diseases and metabolic disorders of the nervous system
- Problems with school performance due to neuropsychological disorders
- Attention impairment (e.g., attention deficit syndrome / attention deficit syndrome with hyperactivity)
Hegau-Jugendwerk offers children, adolescents and young people a comprehensive neurological rehabilitation after illness or accident. Clinics offer includes a continuous, permanent neurological rehabilitation treatment of children and adolescents from early rehabilitation to reintegration into school and staff. Treatment is focused on the individual needs and requirements of each individual patient.
Intensive individual and group therapies are provided in accordance with the relevant research on rehabilitation and are supplemented with special offers, such as swallowing diagnostics, maintenance communication, diagnostic weeks, intensive speech training etc.The main components of the rehabilitation center are a state-recognized school at the hospital and occupational therapy department. Joint stay in the wards and wards for families allow parents and relatives stay close to their child during the rehabilitation.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
- Gailingen, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: