HELIOS Cardiosurgery Clinic Karlsruhe
Department of Cardiosurgery
Specialized in: cardiosurgery
In the last 20 years the Cardiosurgery Department got a great recognition far beyond its own region in the branch of surgical treatment of heart diseases. Only in 2015 2900 surgeries has been carried out there.
The Department provides treanment for a whole spectrum of adult cardiac surgical diseases, with exception of the heart and lung transplantation. An experienced medical team provides medical care for each patient in close cooperation with the Department of Anesthesiology and other partners specializing in cardeology. Professionals of the Department uses for each patient individually worked out sparing treatment methods.
The range of the offered services includes:
Minimally invasive surgical procedures
- transfemoral and transapical transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
- minimally invasive aortic valve surgery (MIC-AKR/ E)
- minimally invasive mitral and tricuspid valve surgery (MIC-MKR/ E; MIC-TKR/ E)
- minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass (MIDCAB) surgery (MIDCAB)
- hybrid myocardium revascularization (MIDCAB + PCI with stenting)
- complete arterial bypass surgery using both arteries of the chest wall
- beating heart bypass surgery with a high risk level (OPCAB)
- complex recurrent bypass surgery after the already carried out coronary bypass surgery
Heart Valve surgery
- reconstructive Surgery of the mitral/ tricuspid valve; also in form of complex surgical procedures with coronary bypass surgery and simultaneous surgeries on several valves
- reconstructive surgery of the aortic valve in combination with aortic aneurysm surgery (acute aortic dissection type A, Bentall operation, David operation)
- replacement of all mitral valves using biological/ mechanical prostheses; also with underlying acute/ chronic endocarditis
Cardiac insufficiency and heart rhythm
- implantation of all systems: cardiostimulators, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD), cardiac resynchronization therapy (the CRT), cardiac event recorders (heart rate recorders)
- complex inspection after implantation, also with underlying systemic infections with laser probes extraction
- removal of atrial veins and pulmonary veins using minimally invasive techniques
- implantation of mechanical assist devices (ventricular assist device (LVAD, RVAD, BiVAD) as a secondary recovery method, as a auxiliary method for transplantation or as targeted therapy
- day-and-night care (extracorporeal life support (ECLS)/ extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)) with mobile mini artificial heart and lungs devices for the use in the out-of-hospital conditions by patients having cardiogenic shock
Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
- surgery in the case of aortic aneurysm (e.g., supracommissural replacement of the ascending aorta, Bentall operation, David operation), also in combination with reconstructive surgery of the aortic valve
- operative therapy of acute aortic dissection type A (AADA)
- aortic arch surgery using hybrid method
Operative correction of cardiac malformations in adults
- minimally invasive closure of persistent foramen ovale (PFO) or atrial septal defect (atrial septum defect, ASD)
- closure of the post-infarction ventricular septal defect (VSD)
- removal of heart tumors (e.g., atrial myxomas) using minimally invasive techniques
HELIOS Cardiosurgery Clinic Karlsruhe (Klinik fur Herzchirurgie Karlsruhe GmbH) specializes in anesthesiology and surgical treatment of different heart diseases using modern equipment and advanced medical methods. A perfect health condition means a good quality of life. All specialists and medical staff of the clinic are convinced that everyone should be able to get an affordable and a high-quality medical care. Health care dare not become a luxury. Thus, the main goal of the clinic is to ensure a cutting-edge medicine for everyone.
There are two departments in the clinic: the Department of Cardiosurgery and the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care. Various therapy methods are applied during the rehabilitation program, such as breathing exercises, basal stimulation, vocational rehabilitation, nutritional counseling, massage, lymphatic drainage, physiotherapy are widely used during treatment process.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
HELIOS Cardiosurgery Clinic Karlsruhe
- Karlsruhe, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: