Hospital zum Heiligen Geist
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Department of Surgery
Karim A. Gawad
Specialized in: orthopedics, vascular surgery, surgery
Surgical clinic treats a wide range of diseases. This includes general surgery, visceral and thoracic surgery and orthopaedics and traumatology. It works closely with other clinics of the hospital. The main specializations of the clinic are:
General and Abdominal Surgery:
- Diseases of organs of abdominal cavity
- Minimally invasive surgery, including surgery unified access:
- The colon (sigmoid diverticulitis)
- Inguinal hernia - tech TEP (total extraperitineal plasty)
- Abdominal wall hernia umbilical, incisional hernia) - on the modern the technique of «IPOM»
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Reflux disease (heartburn) - on techniques «Toupet»
- Oncological surgery (cancer, such as colon cancer)
- Coloproctology (diseases of the colon and rectum)
- Failure of the pelvic muscles
- Surgical gastroenterology
- Chronic inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Other inflammatory changes
- Functional disorders
- Thyroid and parathyroid (periоthyroid) gland
- Abdominal surgery
- The treatment of inguinal hernia on Showldice’s and Liechtenstein‘s technique (local anesthesia)
- Endoscopy - a gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Implantation portal catheter
- Implantation ECS (electric cardiostimulator)
Orthopedics and Traumatology:
- Endoprosthesis (replacement of joints)
- Minimum invasive endoprosthesis
- Cementless endoprosthesis
- Total endoprosthetics
- Knee joints
- The joints of the shoulder girdle
- Ankle joints
- Fractures of extremities
- Hand surgery
Vascular and endovascular surgery:
- Operations on the arteries supplying the brain, subclavian and shoulder arteries
- Operations on the thoracic and abdominal segment of the aorta, on the vessels of internal organs
- Treatment of CVI (chronic venous insufficiency)
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins
- Aesthetic surgery
- Surgical treatment of clogged veins, chronic non-healing wounds
- Substitution (replacement) in vascular aneurysm
- Surgery of the lymphatic system
- Non-invasive diagnosis by ultrasound
- Measurement of blood flow through color-coded duplex sonography
- Radiological visualizational diagnosis of venous system by MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), CT (Computer Tomography), angiography, phlebography
- Laser surgery
- Biological reconstruction
Hospital „zum Heiligen Geist“is located in the central part of the city and includes five specialized clinics: clinic for internal medicine, surgical clinic with the Department of vascular surgery clinic of gynaecology and obstetrics, psychosomatic medicine, oncology and anesthesiology and radiology Institute. Here about 26.500 patients take their inpatient and outpatient care. It is an interdisciplinary academic hospital of University named after I.V. Goethe and specializes in cardiology, gastroenterology, visceral and vascular surgery, arthroplasty, oncology as like gynecology and childbirth. Due to its central location the hospital is a specialized center of emergency medical aid.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Hospital zum Heiligen Geist
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: