Hospital of Nuremberg
Department of Cardiology
Specialized in: cardiology
The Medical Department 8, Division of Cardiology at the Klinikum Nürnberg under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Pauschinger, located in two operating sites (Clinic North and South), covers the entire spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the field of cardiovascular medicine in accordance with current best-evidence based standards. It offers all state-of-the-art cardiological diagnostic and therapeutic methods of treatment of heart valve diseases, myocardial diseases, circulatory disorders of the heart and cardiac arrhythmias.
The department has 115 beds on 4 wards for inpatient treatment and diagnosis of cardiological and internal diseases, another 20 beds on the intensive care unit, which also provides all procedures of cardiological/ neurological therapy. An around-the-clock service, available at the department, cares for patients with acute heart attacks. The Medical Department 8, Division of Cardiology constitutes a part of the holistic treatment from a single source at the Cardiovascular Center.
Thanks to its outrageous achievements in the field of cardiovascular surgery, the Medical Department 8, Division of Cardiology at the Klinikum Nürnberg is recommended in the current FOCUS list.
The Medical Department 8, Division of Cardiology at the Klinikum Nürnberg under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Pauschinger delivers the following range of services:
- Defibrillator operations
- Diagnosis and therapy of hypertension (high pressure disease)
- Diagnosis and therapy of pulmonary heart disease and diseases of pulmonary circulation
- Diagnosis and therapy of endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
- Diagnosis and therapy of diseases of lungs and airways
- Diagnose and therapy of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastroenterology)
- Diagnosis and therapy of ischemic heart disease
- Diagnose and therapy of diseases of the arteries, arterioles and capillaries
- Diagnosis and therapy of diseases of pleura
- Diagnosis and therapy of diseases of veins, lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes
- Diagnosis and therapy of renal diseases
- Diagnosis and therapy of other forms of heart disease; catheter implantation of heart valves, mitral clipping, closure of congenital heart diseases
- Diagnosis and therapy of venous diseases and complications
- Diagnosis and therapy of cerebrovascular disease
- Intensive care
- Conservative therapy of arterial vascular disease
- Pacemaker operations
The Klinikum Nürnberg is a modern hospital and an academic educational hospital in Germany. The hospital is located at two sites, namely the Klinikum North in the distract St. Johannis and the Klinikum South in the distract Langwasser. The Klinikum Nürnberg has 35 clinics and institutes of all medical specialties. In the latest clinic list of the news magazine FOCUS, it lands on the 35th place. Among the 70 top hospitals in Bavaria, the Klinikum Nürnberg occupies the 6th place.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Hospital of Nuremberg
- Nürnberg, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: