Hospital of Nuremberg
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology
Specialized in: pediatric surgery, urology
The priority areas of the Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Karl Bodenschatz, are:
- Treatment of hypospadias: a technique depends on the indications (e.g., Snodgrass technique)
- Treatment of vesicoureteral reflux: cystoscopy, ureteral neoimplantation
- Treatment of ureteral stenosis: Anderson Hynes technique
- Thoracic surgery
- Treatment of pneumothorax, pleural synechia
- Treatment of lung, sequester cancer
- Treatment of esophageal atresia: thoracoscopic and open surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- Treatment of all diseases and congenital developmental defects in newborns, adolescents by means of open or laparoscopic surgery
- Laparoscopy (appendectomy, cholecystectomy, Meckel’s diverticulum, varicocele etc.)
- Surgical treatment according to Pena’s technique (anal atresia)
- Endorectal pull-through (M. Hirschsprung)
- Treatment of injury consequences
- Treatment of bone and joint injuries, multiple injuries. Technique: use of all osteosynthesis methods, especially elastic intramedullary splinting (ESIN), osteosynthesis with Kirschner wires, osteosynthesis with screws, transosseous osteosynthesis with external fixation
- Arthroscopy of knee and ankle joints
- Ligament replacement, meniscus refixation, lateral release
- Corrective osteotomy etc., septic bone surgery
- Burn surgery
- Treatment of burns and scalding in children 30-40% of BSA.
- Technique: any skin grafting, derma transplantation (by means of Suprathel, Integra, Matriderm substitutes), postoperative treatment of scars and contractures
- Laser treatment
- Lymphangiomas, hemangiomas. Technique: percutaenously, interstitially
The Klinikum Nürnberg is a modern hospital and an academic educational hospital in Germany. The hospital is located at two sites, namely the Klinikum North in the distract St. Johannis and the Klinikum South in the distract Langwasser. The Klinikum Nürnberg has 35 clinics and institutes of all medical specialties. In the latest clinic list of the news magazine FOCUS, it lands on the 35th place. Among the 70 top hospitals in Bavaria, the Klinikum Nürnberg occupies the 6th place.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Hospital of Nuremberg
- Nürnberg, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: