Hospital of Nuremberg
Department of Nuclear Medicine
Specialized in: Nuclear Medicine
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Klinikum Nürnberg, headed by Prof. Dr. Michael Lell, provides the whole spectrum of services in the fields of radiology and nuclear medicine to both inpatients and outpatients.
The medical staff of experienced doctors and technical assistants at the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Klinikum Nürnberg, headed by Prof. Dr. Michael Lell, specializes in diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with cancers, diagnosis of traumas, accidents as well as diseases of the musculoskeletal system, brain and trunk. The Department uses all tested and common methods of modern radiology and nuclear medicine (angiography, MRI, CT, PET/CT, SPECT, ultrasound, digital X-ray, digital mammography and image-guided operations) in order to provide a complex radiological care.
The range of medical services at the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Klinikum Nürnberg, headed by Prof. Dr. Michael Lell, includes:
- Angiography and surgical interventions
- Blood flow reduction of benign and malignant tumors and metastases (especially of liver) with embolization by means of microcatheters
- Targeted chemotherapy and chemoembolization of tumors by means of catheters
- CT guided treatment of malignancies and metastases of liver
- Treatment of portal hypertension and its complications (including esophageal, stomach bleeding or accumulation of acid fluid) by means of liver shunt installation without the operation (TIPS = transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt).
- Emergency embolization of acute life-threatening arterial bleedings, especially of epigastric organs, pelvis, lungs, throat, nose and ear
- Treatment of male infertility by means of testicular varicose vein sclerosing (Vena Spermatica sclerosing)
- Balloon dilation of vessels (percutaneous transluminal angioplasty = PTA) arteries and veins, especially pelvic bone vessels in case of disorder of blood flow and renal arteries at hypertension.
- Restoration of patency of the occluded vessels by means of special catheters, lysis method and laser therapy.
- A wide range of treatment options by means of metal prostheses (stents) of arteries, veins and bile ducts.
- Long-term and temporary use of venous filters for the prevention of pulmonary embolism
- CT and ultrasound-guided biopsies
- CT-guided treatment of abscesses, fluid accumulations or bleedings
- Release of nerve centers (neurolysis) in case of severe pain conditions and progressing occlusion of peripheral arteries
- Pediatric radiology
- Tumor treatment
- Percutaneous tumor treatment/ ablation
- Digital radiography
The Klinikum Nürnberg is a modern hospital and an academic educational hospital in Germany. The hospital is located at two sites, namely the Klinikum North in the distract St. Johannis and the Klinikum South in the distract Langwasser. The Klinikum Nürnberg has 35 clinics and institutes of all medical specialties. In the latest clinic list of the news magazine FOCUS, it lands on the 35th place. Among the 70 top hospitals in Bavaria, the Klinikum Nürnberg occupies the 6th place.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Hospital of Nuremberg
- Nürnberg, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: