University Hospital rechts der Isar der TU München
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
Specialized in: general surgery, plastic surgery
Due to long-standing experience and a specially trained expert team the Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the university hospital Klinikum rechts der Isar, under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Hans-Günther Machens, is nationally and internationally recognized as a leader in plastic and hand surgery. The Department offers the full spectrum of modern Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand surgery. In addition, the specialists of this department have experts and experienced in other areas. Thanks to the modern methodology, many operations can be carried out on an outpatient basis without general anaesthesia. Therefore, the patients are spared unnecessary stays in hospital.
The Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery, under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Hans-Günther Machens, offers state-of-the-art treatment in the following areas:
Reconstructive Surgery (with a special focus on microsurgical tissue transplantation)
- Covering of defects caused by accident or a tumor
- Tumor surgery, also including
- Tumors of the mammary glands
- Soft tissue tumors in the trunk and extremities
- Tumors of the skin and mucosa
- Tumors of the head and neck
- Bone tumors
- Decubitus surgery
- Motoric replacement operations
- Reconstructive surgery after complete burns of the whole body.
- Surgery of deformities and asymmetries of the mammary gland and nipple
- Breast reconstruction with autologous tissue
- Breast reduction surgery
- Gynecomastia surgery
- Surgery of peripheral nerves (e.g. Carpal tunnel syndrome, sulcus ulnaris syndrome)
- Surgery of the facial nerves (e.g. reconstruction and replacement operations)
- Brachial plexus surgery (e.g. multimodal therapy of obstetric brachial plexus paresis)
- Replantation of an arm, hand or finger
- Reconstruction of congenital deformities
- Reconstruction after severe hand injuries
- Therapy for nerve compression syndrome (e.g. Carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar tunnel syndrome)
- Surgical and conservative treatment methods for fractures
- Therapy for nerve injuries
- Therapy for Dupuytren's contracture
- Therapy for rheumatic diseases.
- Removal of ganglion
- Therapy for arthrosis
- Correction of misalignments
- Surgery for a painful wrist
- Treatment of tendon injuries
- Therapy of tendon sheath narrowings (“trigger finger”) and inflammations
- Surgery for hand tumors
Surgical treatment of adipose tissue
- Therapy for fat distribution disorders
- Resections of fat
- Therapy for fat tissue tumors
- Lifting operations after weight loss
Urogenital plastic surgery
- Sex adaptation surgery for transsexual men/women
- Reconstruction of the genitalia (e.g., in case of congenital malformations, tumors or injuries)
- Endoscopic lifting of the forehead
- Eyelid lift
- Neck lift
- Breast enlargement or breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Body sculpturing
- Body lifts
- Scar corrections
- Wrinkle treatment, amoungst such as, laser treatment, injections for wrinkles, Botox injections
The rechts der Isar Hospital is the University Hospital of the Technical University of Munich. There is intensive cooperation between the research facilities of the TU and the hospital in numbers of areas.
With a workforce of around 5,000 employees, the university hospital Clinic right of the Isar is a renowned center for patient care, medical research and teaching of medicine. Every year, around 60,000 patients benefit from in-patient care and 245,000 patients – from outpatient care of the highest medical standard.
Through a close cooperation between patient care and research facilities, patients benefit from new scientific findings as quickly as possible.
The University Hospital rechts der Isar is composed of 33 separate clinics and departments and has 1,100 beds. This enables patients, according to their diagnosis, to receive treatment from doctors of various medical fields.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
University Hospital rechts der Isar der TU München
- Munich, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: