Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology
Eduard W. Becht
Specialized in: urology
The Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology treats benign and malignant diseases of the genitourinary system in men, women and children. The department is certified by the German Society for Cancer Fighting as a Center for Prostate Cancer Treatment. It offers a wide range of services and specializes in the treatment of the following diseases: benign and malignant tumors, urogenital tract stones, incontinence, pediatric urology, infertility and erectile dysfunction.
The Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology specializes in the following treatment types:
- Prostate tumors, diagnosis - transrectal and perineal biopsy, combined with MRI, biopsy using mapping, acoustic pulse-wave elastography, ultrasound examination using contrast agents
- Prostate tumors, treatment – perineal and retropubic radical prostatectomy with preservation of potency, laparoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy, cryosurgery of the prostate, HIFU (treatment of the localized prostate cancer with a high intensity focused ultrasound), drug therapy
- Kidney cancer – organ preserving operations
- Bladder tumors – photodynamic diagnosis, artificial bladder, urinary catheter, laser therapy
- Tumors of testicles – retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy with preservation of ejaculation/ sparing
- Penis cancer – laser therapy, reconstruction of the penis head
- Chemotherapy – also in collaboration with the Oncology Department
- Transurethral resection – laser ablation of the prostate/ Green Light laser system
- Prostate adenoma
The stones of the urogenital tract:
- Outpatient and inpatient shock wave therapy (Expert Center for Lithotripsy)
- Percutaneous minimally invasive surgery for kidney stones
- Ureterorenoscopy (ureteroscopy and stone removal with decomposition), holmium laser, flexible ureterorenoscopy, stone metabolism
- Full urodynamic measuring station
- Conservative treatment
- Minimally invasive therapy (collagen injection "Bulkamid", TVT, TVT-O)
- Surgery (Birch operation, fascia plastic, sakropexie)
- Conservative treatment with magnetic resonance system "Neocontrol"
- Treatment of phimosis
- Children's incontinence
- Reflux disease in childhood
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Doppler and duplex scanning, dynamic cavernosography and cavernosometry
The clinic is an academic hospital in the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main. Clinic includes ten departments and four specialized centers, and successfully implements the concept of patient-oriented medicine.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: