University Hospital of LMU Munich
Department of Pediatric Surgery
Dietrich v. Schweinitz
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
The range of services of the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital of Munich, under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Dietrich v. Schweinitz, covers the entire spectrum of pediatric surgery. These services are held by the medical divisions of the department, which meet the increasing demand for highly qualified specialists. An in-house division of pediatric anesthesiology assures the necessary basis for reliable anesthesia at all ages, including small premature babies.
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital of Munich, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Dietrich v. Schweinitz, offers the following range of services:
- Pediatric tumor surgery, e.g. Wilms' tumors, neuroblastomas, germinal cell tumors, liver and soft tissue tumors
- Tracheobronchial reconstructions in case of congenital malformations
- Brain and spinal cord surgery
- Surgical correction of skull malformations
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Operative correction of ear deformities
- Diagnosis and therapy of congenital heart diseases
- Treatment of patients before and after transplantation
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) vascular diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) pediatric kidney diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) diseases of the endocrine glands (adrenal gland, thyroid gland and parathyroid gland, diabetes)
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) of the intestinal tract
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) diseases of the liver, gall and pancreas
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) diseases of the airways and lungs
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) rheumatic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) diseases in children and adolescents
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) hematological diseases in in children and adolescents
- Neonatal/pediatric medicine
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired immune deficiency disorders (including HIV and AIDS)
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) metabolic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) neurological diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) neuromuscular diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) neurometabolic/ neurodegenerative diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of other congenital malformations, congenital disorders or perinatally acquired diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of chromosomal anomalies
- Diagnosis and treatment of special disease cases of premature infants and newborns
The hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich is a center of high-end medicine, medical innovation and medical and technical progress, which enables an individual and safe patient care. The team of the hospital occupies an excellent position among Germany’s university hospitals, thanks to its leading role in patient care, research and education. The hospital has gained the great reputation by hiring high qualified staff: around 10,000 employees from the fields of medicine, patient care, administration, technology and supply services take care of your vast convalescence and rehabilitation.
With more than 2,200 beds, the University Hospital of Munich (LMU) is a highly advanced hospital with 45 clinics, institutes and departments covering all fields of medicine. With its two campuses in Grosshadern and in the city center, the University Hospital of Munich is since October 1, 1999 an organizationally, economically and administratively complete independent part of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich. As a result of this merger, the University Hospital of Munich has developed into one of the largest hospitals in Germany and Europe. In accordance with the change of its legal form on June 1, 2006, the hospital received its present status as an incorporated public law institution.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
University Hospital of LMU Munich
- Munich, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: