University Hospital of LMU Munich
Department of Orthopedics
Specialized in: orthopedics
The specialties Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation closely cooperate at the Department of Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University Hospital of Munich. All musculo-skeletal diseases can be treated both conservatively and surgically within the one institution, which makes completely new therapeutic concepts possible. The chief physician of the Department of Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is Prof. Dr. med. Volkmar Jansson.
The Department of Orthopedics, under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Volkmar Jansson, provides patients with treatment on both inpatient and outpatient basis.
The focal areas of the Department of Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University Hospital of Munich are:
- Spinal cord surgery
- Special consultation hours for tumor orthopedics
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Foot surgery
- Hand surgery
- Rheumatic surgery
- Arthroscopic operations
- Sports medicine/sports traumatology
- Septic bone surgery
- Pain therapy/ multimodal pain therapy
- Diagnosis and therapy of arthropathies plasties of system diseases of the connective tissue
- Ligament reconstructions/ plasties
- Diagnosis and therapy of deformities of the spinal cord and back
- Diagnosis and therapy of Spondylopathies
- Joint replacement methods/ endoprosthetics
- Diagnosis and therapy of muscle diseases
- Diagnosis and therapy of neck injuries
- Diagnosis and therapy of diseases of the synovial membrane and tendons
- Diagnosis and therapy of thorax injuries
- Diagnosis and therapy of other soft tissue diseases
- Diagnosis and therapy of injuries of the lumbosacral area, lumbar part of the spine and the pelvis
- Diagnosis and therapy of osteopathies and chondropathies
- Diagnosis and therapy of injuries of the elbow and the forearm
- Diagnosis and therapy of other diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
- Diagnosis and therapy of injuries of the shoulder and upper arm
- Diagnosis and therapy of tumors of the musculoskeletal system
The hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich is a center of high-end medicine, medical innovation and medical and technical progress, which enables an individual and safe patient care. The team of the hospital occupies an excellent position among Germany’s university hospitals, thanks to its leading role in patient care, research and education. The hospital has gained the great reputation by hiring high qualified staff: around 10,000 employees from the fields of medicine, patient care, administration, technology and supply services take care of your vast convalescence and rehabilitation.
With more than 2,200 beds, the University Hospital of Munich (LMU) is a highly advanced hospital with 45 clinics, institutes and departments covering all fields of medicine. With its two campuses in Grosshadern and in the city center, the University Hospital of Munich is since October 1, 1999 an organizationally, economically and administratively complete independent part of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich. As a result of this merger, the University Hospital of Munich has developed into one of the largest hospitals in Germany and Europe. In accordance with the change of its legal form on June 1, 2006, the hospital received its present status as an incorporated public law institution.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
University Hospital of LMU Munich
- Munich, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: