PAN Clinic Cologne
location_on Cologne, Germany
Department of Gynecology, Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine ( 54)
Specialized in: gynecology, endocrinology, reproductive medicine
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- Stefan Palm was born on September 11, 1945 in Unterkochen/Wurttemberg
- From 1951 to 1964, he attended school in Unterkochen, Neu-Ulm, Ulm, where he passed final school examination.
- After graduation from the school, he served in the armed forces from 1964 to 1972.
- From 1967 to 1972, Palm has been studying at the Faculty of Medicine at LMU Munich.
- In December 1972, he passed a medical state examination and passed Ph.D. defense in Munich.
- In 1973, he began working as an assistant doctor in Munich. In December 1973, he passed evaluation test and received an admission to medical practice.
- From 1974 to 1976, Palm has been working as a research fellow in the department of clinical chemistry and biochemistry of the surgical clinic of Munich University in the central part of the city (Professor H. Fritz – acrosomal proteases, kallikrein-kinin system).
- In 1976-1977, he received a DFG scholarship in the C. S. Mott Center for Human Growth and Development at Wayne State University, Detroit/USA (Professor TN Evans, Professor K.S. Moghissi – Proteinases, Vitelline Layer and Fertilization).
- In 1977-1988 he has been working as a research assistant at the 1st Gynecological Clinic in Munich (Professor Zander, Professor Kindermann), since 1981 member of the working group on in vitro fertilization: follicular microenvironment and in vitro fertilization (with the assistance of DFG).
- In 1984, he was awarded the qualification of an obstetrician-gynecologist.
- In 1988, the opening a private medical practice in Cologne for the establishment of gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine center within the framework of joint medical practice in Haubrichforum.
- In 1989-1991, Stefan Palm has been holding the position of director of the "Joint Medical Practice in Haubrichforum".
- In 1989, he received the right of upgrading in the specialty "Obstetrics and Gynecology".
- In 1997, he passed an optional retraining on the specialty of gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine, as well as a course in the specialty "Laboratory research in obstetrics and gynecology".
- 1999 – foundation of PAN Klinik am Neumarkt in Cologne and Organisationsgemeinschaft Praxisklinik am Neumarkt (organizational community of private medical practice, and the interdisciplinary center for gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine (gynecology, urology/andrology, human genetics and psychosomatics).
- In 1999, he took a position of a doctor in charge of the gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine department, as well as the director of the medical unit in gynecological department of PAN Klinik am Neumarkt.
- 2002 – foundation of the PAN Institute of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine. In the same year, he received permission from the PAN Klinik am Neumarkt Department of Gynecology for further upgrading and full permission for further upgrading in gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine.
- In November 2006, the department of gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine was approved by the "PAN Clinic" for clinical advance training (the Association of Physicians of the North Rhine).
Palm is a member of the Professional Union of Gynecologists, the German Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Federal Union of Reproductive Medicine Centers of Germany, the German Reproductive Medicine Society, the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology ESHRE, the European Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the International Society for the Study of the Aging Male (ISSAM), Medical Association of Reproductive Medicine of the North Rhine.
The Department of Gynecology, Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine the PAN Clinic on Neumarkt offers the latest treatment methods. The department is headed by Dr. med. Stefan Palm.
Endocrinologists, specialists in reproductive medicine, gynecological surgeons, andrologists, specialists in the field of human genetics, biologists, anaesthesiologists, nutritionists and psychologists closely cooperate "under one roof". The methods of patient care are constantly being improved, which is confirmed by various quality management certificates available in the department: DIN EN ISO 9001:2008, DIN EN ISO 14644-1 (clean laboratory rooms) and accreditations in accordance with D-PL-13268-01-00 (Reproductive Medicine Laboratory).
The department has more than 25 years of experience. The expert-level interdisciplinary expertise insures the highest level of quality of medical services.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Treatment of infertility
- Hormonal stimulation and insemination IUI
- In vitro fertilization – IVF, ICSI, testicular sperm extraction at available azoospermia (TESE), PGD of egg
- Cryopreservation of ova and sperm, ovarian tissues and testicular tissues
- Consultations of different specialists at recurrent miscarriages
- Psychosomatic support PAN mental