Cancer: Cancer (Oncology) treatment in Germany
Oncologic disease is always a grave psychological shock for an affected person and its family. However, in many cases, this problem can be overcome thanks to the work of experienced professional oncologists who use modern treatment methods in their work. Germany is one of the leading countries for health tourism. The annual cost of development and functioning of the German healthcare system reach EUR 300 billion. Hospitals in Germany are leaders in terms of healthcare around the world; that is why thousands of patients from all over the world flock here hoping for a cure.
Latest Surgical Treatment Techniques in Germany
Surgical removal of a tumor is the mainstay of cancer treatment. German clinics use modern technologies of surgical treatment, greatly increasing the efficiency and durability of the result while reducing the risk of complications.
- Endoscopic surgeries are carried out in Germany using state-of-the-art equipment, which allows achieving high precision of surgeon’s actions.
- Neuronavigation is an innovative technique used during brain surgery.
- Robotic operating systems.
- Radiofrequency ablation, i.e. thermal destruction of the tumor focus.
- Transplantation and prosthetics are offered after removal of an organ affected by malignancy.
The accuracy of manipulation during surgery is ensured by intraoperative CT scanners and other diagnostic equipment.
Modern Radiotherapy Techniques
Radiotherapy is a traditional cancer treatment method. Development of medical technologies expanded the possibility of radiotherapy reducing its side effects.
- Gamma knife is a unique method of radiosurgery, comparable to a surgery by effectiveness.
- Brachytherapy is an option of local radiotherapy.
- Proton therapy allows a targeted tumor radiation.
- Modulated intense radiotherapy.
- SIRT-therapy uses radioactive substances on a spherical medium. It improves the accuracy of therapeutic impact with minimal interference in healthy tissue functions.
Innovative Drug Therapy
Drug treatment in German clinics is usually used as an auxiliary method, and in cases where the surgery is contraindicated for some reason. The treatment of cancer pathology employs:
- induction chemotherapy;
- bimodal radiochemotherapy;
- hyperthermic chemoperfusion;
- targeted anticancer drugs;
- antiangiogenic therapy.
Treatment in German cancer clinics is based on the principles of individual approach, comprehensiveness, minimal invasiveness, optimum efficiency and the fastest possible recovery. High qualification of professionals, use of modern technologies and attention to every patient allow the German doctors to reach positive results even in the most difficult cases.Hide