RWTH University Hospital Aachen
Department of Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics, mammology
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elmar Stickelerund comprises such fields as general gynecology and gynecological oncology, obstetrics and perinatal medicine. The Department occupies a top position nationwide in its specialization. The Department is focused on gynecological oncology, breast cancer and urogynecology.
The Breast Center of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics is certified by the state of NRW and the European EUSOMA. It treats patients with all kinds of benign or malignant diseases of the breast. A psycho-oncological care and intensive physiotherapy complete the individual therapeutic concept. With a focus on gynecological oncology and breast cancer the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen is tightly integrated in the ECCA. The Urogynecology with its modern surgical techniques presents a medical focus of the Department.
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elmar Stickelerund together with the Department of Neonatology and Pediatric Intensive Care is recognized as a Perinatal Center of Level 1, so that pregnant women, parturient, premature and newborn infants, who are under the highest risk, can be treated promptly.
The focus areas of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen in the field of gynecology are the following:
- Use of sparing, minimally invasive surgical techniques as well as Da Vinci robot-assisted operations
- Treatment of all gynecological malignancies. These include tumors of lower abdomen (e.g., ovarian and cervical cancer), which are treated in the Gynecological Cancer Center integrated in the European Comprehensive Cancer Center. In addition to surgical treatment, the Department offers a comprehensive medical care within oncology consultations. The Breast Center deals with the treatment of breast malignancies.
- Treatment of endometriosis within the Endometriosis Center stage III (the highest level)
- Treatment of cell alternations (dysplasia) of the cervix, vagina or vulvar lips on the dysplasia devoted consultations. Infectious diseases (condyloma / condyloma acuminate), inflammatory alternations and chronic diseases (e.g., lichen sclerosis) are also treated within these consultations.
- Treatment of benign diseases (myomas, genital pathologies, circulatory disorders)
- Treatment of uterine prolapse and urinary incontinence on urogynecological consultations
The University Hospital Aachen is a so-called hospital of the university maximum care. With its 34 clinics, 25 institutes and five multidisciplinary units covers the University Hospital Aachen not only the entire spectrum of medicine, but also it offers a patient- oriented medical care and nursing, medical education and research of international level. In the current ranking of the magazine FOCUS took the University Hospital Aachen among 2000 hospitals in Germany with number 15 a peak position. That patient care, medical education and research are located in a central building provides the advantage for an intensive interdisciplinary exchange and a close networking between clinics and scientific research. In this way it promotes a better understanding of disease, enables the progress in diagnosis and treatment for decades, thereby its innovations are of national importance.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
RWTH University Hospital Aachen
- Aachen, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: