St. Anna Hospital Herne
Department of Gastroenterology (129)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, internal medicine
The specialized physicians of the Department of Gastroenterology at the St. Anna Hospital in Herne, headed by Dr. med. Werner Hoffmann, carry out diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract, first of all, of the gastrointestinal tract, bile duct and gall bladder, pancreas as well as liver.
A further priority of the Department is treatment of patients with cancer diseases of the stomach, large intestine and pancreas. In the field of gastroenterology, the Department of Gastroenterology works in a close cooperation with colleges from the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery in order to ensure the best possible and transparent treatment of patients. The high standard of medical care is reflected in the certification as the Center for Abdominal Surgery, the Pancreas Center and Intestinal Cancer Center, both of which are part of the Cancer Center at the St. Anna Hospital in Herne.
Apart from that, the central focus of the Department for Gastroenterology under the lead of Dr. med. Werner Hoffmann is care and education of patients suffering from diabetes. The main goal is an optimal care of in- and outpatients with diabetes. In addition to education, another important task of the Department is care of patients with diabetes during operative interventions and during pregnancy. For this purpose, the Department has at its disposal specialized physicians as well as a qualified diabetes consultant, trained in accordance with guidelines of the German Diabetes Society.
The medical range of services of the Department for Gastroenterology at the St. Anna Hospital in Herne:
- Diagnosis and treatment of endocrine nutritional and metabolic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastro-intestinal tract (gastroenterology)
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of anus
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the peritoneum
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder and pancreas
- Intensive medicine
- Specialist consultations for bowel cancer and abdominal medicine
- Palliative medicine
- Chronic inflammatory intestinal diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of hematological diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious and parasitic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergies
- Care of patients before and after transplantation
St. Anna Hospital Herne
Department of Gastroenterology
- Herne, Germany