Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Metabolic Medicine
Prof. Dr. med.
Specialized in: pediatrics, gastroentrology
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- Graduation 1993, University of Essen Medical School, Germany
- Doctorate 1991 – 1993, Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Essen Medical School, Germany Topic: Preparation and characterisation of adenovirus 12-specific polyclonal antibodies directed against specific E1A tumor antigens.
- 1993 – 1997 Resident, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University Hospital Essen, Germany
- 1997 – 2000 Postdoctoral Research Fellow to Group of Prof. G.M. Brodeur (Deutsche Krebshilfe / Wolfson Career Development Grant), The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
- 2000 – 2002 Clinical Fellow, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University Hospital of Essen, Germany
- 2003 – 2004 Senior Physician (Oberärztin), Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University Hospital of Essen, Germany
- Habilitation 2004, University of Duisburg-Essen Medical School, Germany Topic: Expression and biological function of neurotrophin receptors and receptors of the TNF-family in embryonal tumors
- 2005-2008 Professor of Pediatric Oncology Research (C3) and Deputy Director, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University Hospital of Essen, Germany
- 2006-2008 Interim Director, Dept. of Neonatology, Neuropediatrics and Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine
- Since 2007 Director, University of Essen Comprehensive Cancer Center (WTZ)
- Since 2008 Director, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pulmology and Cardiology, University Hospital of Essen, Germany
- 2009-2011 Executive MBA in “International Hospital & Health Care Management, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
- Since 1994 German Pediatric Society
- Since 1998 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Since 2000 German Society for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (GPOH)
- Since 2000 International Society for Pediatric Oncology (SIOP)
- 1997 Young Investigator Award: International Symposium on Advances in Neuroblastoma Research, City of Bath, United Kingdom.
- 1998 Evans-Prize: International Symposium on “Advances in Neuroblastoma Research”, Philadelphia, USA
- 2000 Poster Prize of the German Society of Pediatrics
- 2000 Dr. Odile Schweisguth Prize, SIOP Meeting, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2000 Research Prize of the WTZ, Essen, Germany
- 2001 AACR Young Investigator Award, New Orleans, USA
- 2001 Kind-Philipp-Prize for Pediatric Oncology, GPOH-Meeting, Frankfurt, Germany
The Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Metabolic Medicine at the University Hospital Charité Berlin is a member of Otto-Heubner-Centrum for Pediatrics. The director for this department is Prof. Dr. Angelika Eggert. It is located at the Virchow-Klinikum Campus. Highly qualified doctors work with dedication and care in one of the most modern European facilities for Pediatrics to ensure the quick and uncomplicated recovery of your children.
Thanks to the close cooperation of both , the Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Metabolic Medicine along with the other Charité departments (and departments of the Otto-Heubner-Centrum) as well as to the central location within the Charité, the department ensures the best conditions for an effective treatment.
The range of services offered and the available options of therapy in this department is under direction of Prof. Dr. Angelika Eggert entails: infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, central nervous system and respiratory tract, neurological diseases, diabetes mellitus, congenital metabolic diseases and after-care of liver transplant patients.