Diagnosis and 24-hour video EEG by epilepsy (program ID: 301165)
Charite University Hospital Berlin
Angela KaindlSpecialized in: pediatric neurology
Department of Pediatric Neurology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- determination of the concentration
of antiepileptic drugs in the blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- neurological examination
- CT/MRI scan
- neuropsychological tests (on indications):
- ENMG (electroneuromyography)
- EEG (electroencephalography)
- SEPs (somatosensory evoked potentials)
- VEPs (visually evoked potentials)
- BAEP tests (brainstem auditory evoked potential)
- stationary EEG monitoring
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
Located at the Campus Virchow-Klinikum, the Department of Pediatric Neurology at the University Hospital Charite is part of the Otto-Heubner-Center for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. The director of the department is Prof. Dr. Angela Kaindl. The department deals with the treatment of acute and chronic disorders of the entire nervous system, including primary and secondary developmental disorders.
The Department of Pediatric Neurology specializes in the following medical focuses:
- Neuromuscular disorders and neuropathies
- Headaches in epilepsy
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of the nervous system disorders
The department has a fully equipped EEG laboratory, modern means of magnetic resonance and computed tomographic imaging.
- 1994 - 1996 Study of Medicine at the Free University of Berlin.
- 1996 - 2001 Study of Medicine at the Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 2000 USMLE (1 and 2 Step).
- 2001 State Examination.
Clinical Activities and Positions
- 2001 - 2003 Assistant Physician, University Hospital at the Technical University of Dresden.
- 2003 - 2006 Assistant Physician, Department of Pediatric Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 2006 Medical Specialist, Department of Pediatric Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 2009 - 2010 Senior Resident, Department of Pediatric Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 2010 - 2015 Senior Physician, Department of Pediatric Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Since 2015, Medical Director of the Social Pediatric Center (C33) at the Charite.
- Since 2017 Head of the Department of Pediatric Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
Academic Achievements and Positions
- 1998 - 2001 Doctoral student, Institute of Human Genetics, Humboldt University of Berlin, PhD defense (summa cum laude).
- 2001 - 2003 Postdoctoral studies, University Hospital at the Technical University of Dresden.
- 2003 - 2005 Postdoctoral studies, Department of Pediatric Neurology, University Hospital Charite.
- 2006 Head of the group of young specialists, the Department of Pediatric Neurology, University Hospital Charite.
- 2007 - 2009 Postdoctoral studies, INSERM U676, Paris.
- 2009 Habilitation and Venia Legendi, Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
- 2016 Visiting Professor, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Since 2009 Head of the research group, Institute of Cell Biology and Neurobiology.
- Since 2015 Head of the Social Pediatric Center, Charite (focus: disorders of the central nervous system (CNS)).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnosis and 24-hour video EEG by epilepsy
- Hospital: Charite University Hospital Berlin
- access_time Duration:
There are 22 epilepsy treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics