University Hospital Cologne
location_on Cologne, Germany
Breast Center ( 26159)
Specialized in: mammology
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1977 - 1983 Medical education at the Rhine Friedrich-Wilhelm University Bonn.
- 1983 - 1988 Research Fellow of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1984 - 1995 Head of the Laboratory of Tumor and Reproductive Immunology of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1985 Doctoral dissertation with "magna cum laude" on the immunology of cervical carcinoma.
- 1989 Specialization: "Gynecology and Obstetrics".
- 1989 - 1993 Chief physician of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1993 - 1995 Leading head physician of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1991 Habilitation in immunology of breast cancer.
- 1996 Appointment to the post of the Chairman and Director of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Cologne.
- 1997 Advanced training "Special Surgical Gynecology".
- 1997 Advanced training "Special obstetric and perinatal medicine".
- 2006 Advanced training "Gynecologic oncology".
- 2007 Certification as the Training Center of the European Council of Gynecology and Obstetrics (EBCOG, recertification in 2012).
- 2007 Certification as the European Gynecologic Cancer Center ESGO.
- 2006 Certification of the Breast Center by the Westfalen-Lippe Medical Association (recertification in 2009 and 2012).
- 2008 Certification of the Gynecological Cancer Center in accordance with the requirements of DKG (recertification in 2011).
- 2010 Certification of the Breast Center in accordance with the requirements of DKG / DGS (recertification in 2013).
- 2012 Senior breast surgeon (DKG / DGS).
- 2013 Certification of the Dysplasia Unit in accordance with the requirements of DKG.
- Immunology of breast cancer.
- Tumor vaccination.
- Immunology and molecular biology of genital carcinomas.
The Breast Center at the University Hospital Cologne under the direction of Dr. Wolfram Malter, specialist in the field of gynecology and obstetrics, together with the St. Catherine's Hospital in Frechen make up one of the largest University Breast Centers in Germany. The key focuses include tumor surgery (breast-conserving surgery, breast reconstruction, lymph node removal), breast lift, breast augmentation, fertility preservation, diagnostics, drug therapy and radiation therapy.
The Breast Center closely cooperates with several partners. The overall goal of this cooperation is the best medical care for both female and male patients. The key components of the comprehensive medical care are the engagement of the patients' families and an intensive communication with the referring physicians. An access to self-help organizations, another doctor's advice for receiving “the second opinion”, as well as the access to the alternative treatment methods is available at any time and is an integral component of the comprehensive patient care in the department.
The Breast Center is certified according to the requirements of the German Cancer Society DKG/DGS.