University Hospital Cologne
Department of Neurology
Specialized in: neurology
The Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Cologne in Germany under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Gereon Fink meets top university tasks in the patient care, teaching and academic science. With 100 beds in the specialized units, the Department provides the whole range of diagnosis and treatment of neurological diseases.
The focuses of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Cologne cover the following services:
- Neurological intensive care
- Stroke with the specialized treatment in the specialized unit for stroke, neurological early rehabilitation of strokes and other cerebrovascular diseases
- Treatment of movement disorders, especially, Parkinson’s disease by special techniques, for example, by means of deep brain stimulation or apomorphin
- Neuroimmunological diseases, especially multiple sclerosis
- Polyneuropathies, especially CIDP, MMN and other inflammatory neuropathies
- Treatment of brain tumors
In addition to the outpatient department with the general neurological consultation and the 24-hour emergency service, there are specialized outpatient departments for the following areas:
- Neurooncology (brain tumors)
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Botulinum toxin therapy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rare neuroimmunological diseases
- Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Dementia / memory impairment
- Cerebrovascular disease / stroke
- Epilepsy and narcolepsy
The diagnosis and treatment of all neurological diseases are carried out on the inpatient basis. Along with the common department, there is a private Neurological Department of Intensive Care and supra-regional certified Stroke Unit for providing the comprehensive medical care. Moreover, the Department of Neurology has a Department of Early Rehabilitation for the patients with neurological and neurosurgical diseases.
The range of the inpatient provided services of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Cologne under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Gereon Fink covers both diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- Acute stroke (ischemic stroke, intracranial hemorrhage), early rehabilitation of neurological and neurosurgical diseases, particularly cerebrovascular diseases
- Movement disorders, in particular, Parkinson’s diseases, innovative therapies of the most severe Parkinson syndrome with deep brain stimulation, apomorphine and duodopa pump therapy
- Dementia Diagnosis
- Multiple Sclerosis and other neuroimmunological diseases
The University Hospital Cologne in Germany offers patients medical care at the always current state of knowledge and skills. The Department constantly looks for new methods of diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The people, who work at the University Hospital Cologne, commit themselves day after day to the physical and mental well being of our patients. As a hospital of excellence at the University Cologne („Exzellenz-Universität “), the Department continuously do research for new knowledge in all fields of human health. Due to the active, committed teaching, even recent graduates can provide excellent treatment quality. The people, who work at the University Hospital Cologne, commit themselves day after day to the physical and mental well being of our patients.
In the University Hospital Cologne You will receive a good care. The team of doctors and the medical staff will support You during the recovery process from the first appointment and up to the outpatient treatment after the hospitalization. During your hospital stay many employees work day after day, hand in hand in order to make Your hospital stay as nice as possible.
Accommodation in hospital
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
Standard rooms include:
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
University Hospital Cologne
- Cologne, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: