University Hospital Erlangen
Department of Otolaryngology
Specialized in: otolaryngology
Otolaryngology Clinic and Head and Neck Surgery Clinic at Erlangen University Clinic with 80 approved beds, 6 operating rooms, a leading ENT Intensive Care Unit with 5 beds and university outpatient clinic with 9 medical institutions it is one of the largest ENT clinics in Germany. It includes an independent department of phoniatrics and pedaudiology with a professional speech therapy school. ENT Clinic offers its patients a full range of diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical treatments in the field of ENT and head and neck surgery.
Clinic in short:
- Outpatient treatment of patients in the modern university outpatient clinic with 7 training units, 1 clinical operating room for surgery on an outpatient basis, 1 lookout for bedridden patients
- Treatment of hospitalized patients in 4 hospitals with 80 beds
- ENT intensive care unit with 4 beds, 1 isolated ward and two beds for ALV
- Surgery department with 6 operating rooms
- Audiological, neuroothological and neurophysiological laboratory
- Latest diagnostics of allergies
- Endoscopy unit with modern equipment
- Department of ultrasound with two high-end color Doppler scanners
- accredited sleeping laboratory with 2 beds
- Molecular genetic laboratory S1 and S2, RNA laboratory and histology laboratory
- Lecture room and classes for students of in-depth training of medical staff
University Hospital Erlangen is one of the leading university hospitals in Bavaria and offers advanced medicine, characterized by tight integration of care for patients with university research and teaching. It pursues a very innovative concept. The results of studies in Erlangen set the new standards in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment. From 1368 planned locations in 48 clinics, institutes and departments in all areas of medicine, this University Hospital is the most well-equipped in the region. In general, in 2012, the clinic treated approximately 62,000 inpatients and 459,000 outpatients. Various care centers, networks and multidisciplinary teams have made possible a comprehensive and interdisciplinary treatment. Taking care of and for a man is the motivation for the patient care, teaching and research. The clinic ranks 8th in the 2015 list of top clinics according to FOCUS.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
University Hospital Erlangen
- Erlangen, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: