University Hospital Frankfurt
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Gastroenterology Check-Up (examination) (program ID: 163059)
Department of Gastroenterology, Pneumology and Endocrinology
Specialized in: gastroenterology, pulmonology, endocrinology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- thyroid function test (TSH-basal)
- liver and pancreas function tests (ALT, AST, GGT, AP,
- bilirubin, CHE, LDH, Lipase)
- kidney function test (creatinine, urea)
- mineral metabolism analysis (Na, K, Ca, Mg)
- lipid metabolism (HDL/LDL, cholesterol, triglycerides Lip(a),
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- metabolic status (uric acid, total glucose, HbA1c)
- iron content (ferritin, iron)
- inflammatory parameters (CRP, ESR)
- immunological status (protein electrophoresis)
- fecal occult blood test, H. pilori antigen test, pancreatic elastase test
- abdominal and pelvic ultrasound
- doppler blood vessels of the abdominal cavity
- gastroscopy (with the H. pylori test and biopsy)
- colonoscopy (with biopsy and polypectomy if clinically indicated )
- interview and recommendations after examination
- written statement
Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt ist the affiliated hospital of Goethe University Frankfurt. Founded in 1914, it is a famous and traditional hospital in Germany. Approximately 49,000 inpatients and 220,000 outpatients are treated in this clinic every year. The best possible medical care for patients is very important in the 32 specialized clinics and clinical theoretical institutes.
The close relation to science - the hospital operate together with 20 research institutes in medical faculty - ensures the patients a timely transfer of new medical discoveries in the therapeutic practice. More than 4,000 employees (doctors, nurses and many other professionals) take care of our patients around the clock.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Gastroenterology Check-Up (examination)
- Hospital: University Hospital Frankfurt
- Department: Department of Gastroenterology, Pneumology and Endocrinology
- Head physician: Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Zeuzem
- access_time Duration
- Visa support
- Interpreter 3 hours
- Interpreter 10 hours
- Translation of medical documents 4 pages