University Hospital Frankfurt
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Department of Neurosurgery
Specialized in: neurosurgery
Department of Neurosurgery at University Hospital Frankfurt sees its top priority in providing the patients advanced and specialized health care.It deals with conservative and surgical diagnostics and therapy of all disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system and its coverings.
To be mentioned especially are:
- Aneurysms and angiomas
- Cerebral hemorrhage and vascular obliteration
- Brain tumors
- Spinal cord tumors and nerve root tumors
- Compression of the spinal cord and nerve roots due to tumors or herniated discs
- Cranial and brain injuries
- Malformation of the nervous system
- Treatment of degenerative disorders of the cervical spine, thoracic spine and lumbar spine, microsurgical operations of herniated discs
- Other types of disorders of the spine and the spinal cord, preferably using minimally- invasive techniques
- Interdisciplinary surgery of skullbase tumors
We have at our disposal:
- Intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging
- Microneurosurgical technology
- Intraoperative monitoring
- Ultrasonic tissue fragmentation
- Laser technology
- Intraoperative X-ray examination
Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt ist the affiliated hospital of Goethe University Frankfurt. Founded in 1914, it is a famous and traditional hospital in Germany. Approximately 49,000 inpatients and 220,000 outpatients are treated in this clinic every year. The best possible medical care for patients is very important in the 32 specialized clinics and clinical theoretical institutes.
The close relation to science - the hospital operate together with 20 research institutes in medical faculty - ensures the patients a timely transfer of new medical discoveries in the therapeutic practice. More than 4,000 employees (doctors, nurses and many other professionals) take care of our patients around the clock.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
University Hospital Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: