Plastic breast correction in breast implants capsular fibrosis and implant replacement (program ID: 240231)
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Barbara SchmalfeldtSpecialized in: gynecology, mammology
The chief physician of the Department of Gynecology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is Prof. Dr. med. Barbara Schmalfeldt, specialist in gynecology and obstetrics.
The Department of Gynecology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf covers all fields of gynecology, including gynecological oncology, surgical and conservative gynecology, urogynecology and endocrinology. Moreover, the Department is the Center of Competence for surgical and conservative treatment of gynecological oncology as well as the leading Center for Breast and Ovarian Cancer. There are offered all high-class minimally invasive or radical gynecological operations.
As compared to other German clinics, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Barbara Schmalfeldt achieves a higher survival rate and provides more operations to remove tumors in patients with progressive ovarian cancer. The Department of Gynecology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is certified according to the criteria of the German Cancer Society, the German Society for Senology and according to ISO 9001:2000 guidelines. The Department is involved into the activities of the University Cancer Center Hamburg (UCCH). According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gynecology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf ranks among the top German departments specializing in breast cancer treatment!
The range of clinical services of the Department of Gynecology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Barbara Schmalfeldt includes among others:
- The Gynecological Cancer Center deals not only with the treatment of malignancies of the external genitals, but also with those of ovaries and uterus.
- The Breast Center is dedicated to the treatment of breast cancer in all its stages
- Conservative oncology within the oncological day hospital
- Treatment of bleedings and benign uterine tumors (fibroids)
- Treatment of urinary incontinence and prolapsed organs
- Hormone therapy at puberty, infertility and cycle disorders
- Counseling and treatment of endometriosis
- Numerous clinical trials for breast and ovarian cancer as well as HIV injections.
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- mammology examination:
- breast ultrasound
- preoperative care
- implant replacement
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Plastic breast correction in breast implants capsular fibrosis and implant replacement
- Hospital: University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- access_time Duration: