University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Gastroenterology Check-Up (examination) (program ID: 239965)
Ansgar W. Lohse
Department of Gastroenterology
Specialized in: gastroenterology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- thyroid function test (TSH-basal)
- liver and pancreas function tests (ALT, AST, GGT, AP,
- bilirubin, CHE, LDH, Lipase)
- kidney function test (creatinine, urea)
- mineral metabolism analysis (Na, K, Ca, Mg)
- lipid metabolism (HDL/LDL, cholesterol, triglycerides Lip(a),
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- metabolic status (uric acid, total glucose, HbA1c)
- iron content (ferritin, iron)
- inflammatory parameters (CRP, ESR)
- immunological status (protein electrophoresis)
- fecal occult blood test, H. pilori antigen test, pancreatic elastase test
- abdominal and pelvic ultrasound
- doppler blood vessels of the abdominal cavity
- gastroscopy (with the H. pylori test and biopsy)
- colonoscopy (with biopsy and polypectomy if clinically indicated )
- interview and recommendations after examination
- written statement
The University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE) consists of more than 80 interdisciplinary cooperating clinics, polyclinics and institutes in 14 medical centers. The Hospital ranks No. 7 in the FOCUS-clinic list 2016 and has 1,346 beds in all. Annually takes the UKE approximately 92,000 inpatients and 291,000 outpatients. There are 2,400 physicians and scientists among more than 9,600 employees. And 3,100 employees work as nurse or therapist. Research priorities of the UKE are neurosciences, oncology and health services research.
The Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf has a long tradition in the medical treatment of international patients. For many years, patients come from all over the world in order to be treated by renowned professors and doctors. In Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf, international patients can receive the same medical services as German patients.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
- Hamburg, Germany
Gastroenterology Check-Up (examination)
- Hospital: University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Department: Department of Gastroenterology
- Head physician: Prof. Dr. med. Ansgar W. Lohse
- access_time Duration
- Visa support
- Interpreter 3 hours
- Interpreter 10 hours
- Translation of medical documents 4 pages