University Hospital Ulm
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
Specialized in: otolaryngology
The Clinic of Otorhinolaryngology at Ulm University Clinic offers a full range of diagnostic services and both comprehensive conservative and surgical treatment. The main departments of the clinic are the certified centers for head and neck cancer, a part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center of Ulm (CCCU), treatment of tumors, plastic-reconstructive surgery (e.g., nose and ears), surgery of paranasal sinuses and skull base surgery, as well as microscopic surgery of ear, incl. ear implants for congenital or acquired hearing loss.
The clinic offers all kinds of interventions for ear, nose, throat, head and neck surgery. These surgeries are carried out by experienced doctors according to profile standards. The basic medical areas of the clinic are:
- ear plastic surgery
- paracentesis (eardrum), tympanostomic tube insertion
- middle ear surgery
- cochlear implants, middle ear implants (Vibrant Soundbridge®), hearing aids placed in the bone (BAHA, Bonebridge)
- nose, paranasal sinuses and facial plastic surgery
- surgeries on the outer and inner nose and face, incl. plastic and reconstructive surgery
- surgery on the paranasal sinuses, orbit and skull base
- mouth and throat
- adenotomy - removal of the pharyngeal tonsil ("removal of polyps" in children)
- tonsillectomy - removal of pharyngeal tonsils
- surgery on the larynx and vocal cords
- surgical treatment of head and neck tumors, incl. extensive reconstruction using patchwork plastic surgery
- interdisciplinary surgeries, e.g. with neurosurgeons for tumors of the skull base
- neck and salivary glands
- diagnostic surgery on the neck (lymph nodes)
- surgery for lateral and medial cyst/neck fistula
- thyroid surgery
- endoscopy of the salivary glands (sialendoscopy)
- surgeries on the submandibular and parotid gland (Gl. submandibularis and Gl. parotis)
Ulm University Clinic is one of five university clinics in Baden-Württemberg and a clinic with the highest level of services in Germany, which offers the university medicine of the highest level to the population of Ostwürttemberg, Donau/Iller and Bodensee-Oberschwaben.
The patients who live far outside these regions also trust the skills of the highly qualified team of doctors with international reputation, competent and compassionate medical staff, as well as specialists of the technical service and laboratories. Ulm University Clinic provides interdisciplinary medical services of the highest class, which combines patient care, research and education. Thus, the new scientific knowledge is quickly implemented in diagnostics and treatment. The highly qualified doctors and nurses ensure round the clock care for the patients' health. In the latest list of the best clinics according to FOCUS, the Clinic ranked 21st. 192,000 cases per quarter are dealt with by nearly 6,000 physicians and staff. In the latest list of the best clinics according to FOCUS, the Clinic ranked 21st.
The clinic offers a full range of medical care in Germany. Specialized areas which have received wide recognition. Ulm University Clinic also has an excellent reputation far beyond the borders of Germany and has many years of experience in the treatment and care of foreign patients. The Clinic is pleased to welcome the patients from all over the world, seeking treatment in Germany and taking advantage of the high standards of scientific research, medical treatment and patient care.
Accommodation in hospital
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
Standard rooms include:
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
University Hospital Ulm
- Ulm, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: