University Hospital Ulm
Department of Neurology
Albert Christian Ludolph
Specialized in: neurosurgery
The tasks of the Neurology Clinic at the University of Ulm include the research, training and outpatient care for neurological syndromes. The Neurology Clinic department of acute diseases, jointly with the direction for medical and vocational rehabilitation, forms an integrated chain of care. The patient care does not end with primary care, but continues in the form of subsequent rehabilitation and, if required, in the form of measures for professional or home reintegration. The clinic medical services for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease are highly recommended by FOCUS.
In the area of patient care and clinical research, the clinic offers the patients with indications in nearly all areas of neurology the participation in special programs. These programs cover the spectrum from early detection of neurological diseases using the methods of neurosurgery, determination of the catering and metabolism status for neurodegenerative diseases to therapeutic research started in the clinic or in multicenters. The clinic is particularly successful in early diagnostics by means of neurochemistry, visualization and clarification of relations between neurological diseases using the biochemical, genetic and electrophysiological methods. These studies have been supported, in particular, by the EU, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), the Land Baden-Wuerttemberg Foundation, Research Initiative for Alzheimer's Disease Research, the League of the Brain, the Heidelberg Academy of Sciences and the HighQ Foundation.
The main directions of medical neurological care are as follows:
- diagnostics and treatment of cerebrovascular diseases
- diagnostics and treatment of other neurovascular diseases
- diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory diseases of the CNS
- diagnostics and treatment of neuroimmunological diseases
- diagnostics and treatment of epilepsy
- diagnostics and treatment of malignant brain tumors
- diagnostics and treatment of benign brain tumors
- diagnostics and treatment of the meninges
- care after patients with a nerve stimulator to stimulate the brain
- diagnostics and treatment of systemic atrophy, mainly affecting the central nervous system
- diagnostics and treatment of extrapyramidal and movement disorders
- diagnostics and treatment of degenerative diseases of the nervous system
- diagnostics and treatment of demyelating diseases of the central nervous system
- diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the nerves, effectors and plexus
- diagnostics and treatment of neuropathy and other diseases of the peripheral nervous system
- diagnostics and treatment of diseases in the neuromuscular junction and muscles
- diagnostics and treatment of cerebral paralysis and other paralysis syndromes
- neurological emergency and intensive medicine
- diagnostics and treatment of geriatric diseases
Ulm University Clinic is one of five university clinics in Baden-Württemberg and a clinic with the highest level of services in Germany, which offers the university medicine of the highest level to the population of Ostwürttemberg, Donau/Iller and Bodensee-Oberschwaben.
The patients who live far outside these regions also trust the skills of the highly qualified team of doctors with international reputation, competent and compassionate medical staff, as well as specialists of the technical service and laboratories. Ulm University Clinic provides interdisciplinary medical services of the highest class, which combines patient care, research and education. Thus, the new scientific knowledge is quickly implemented in diagnostics and treatment. The highly qualified doctors and nurses ensure round the clock care for the patients' health. In the latest list of the best clinics according to FOCUS, the Clinic ranked 21st. 192,000 cases per quarter are dealt with by nearly 6,000 physicians and staff. In the latest list of the best clinics according to FOCUS, the Clinic ranked 21st.
The clinic offers a full range of medical care in Germany. Specialized areas which have received wide recognition. Ulm University Clinic also has an excellent reputation far beyond the borders of Germany and has many years of experience in the treatment and care of foreign patients. The Clinic is pleased to welcome the patients from all over the world, seeking treatment in Germany and taking advantage of the high standards of scientific research, medical treatment and patient care.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
University Hospital Ulm
- Ulm, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: