St. Antonius Hospital
Neurorehabilitation/ neurological rehabilitation/ Phase B (program ID: 218897)
Department of Interdisciplinary Early Rehabilitation
Specialized in: physical medicine, rehabilitation medicine, orthopedics, rheumatology and physical therapy
- Primary presentation in the clinic
- medical history, including family history
- complex neurological and orthopedic examinations
- CT / MRI / X-ray examination
- complex neurophysiological examinations
- individual rehabilitation program, which includes:
- propriozeptive neuromuskuläre fazilitation (PNF)
- transcranial magnetic stimulation (TNS)
- orofacial stimulation of Castillo Morales
- functional propriotrening
- various methods of respiratory gymnastics
- Wii Fit training in the use of the balance
- neuropsychological therapy
- functional therapy of the upper extremities (ArmeoSpring)
- functional electrical stimulation / neurostimulation
- kinesitherapy (physiotherapy)
- biocontrol with feedback
- healing deep muscle massage
- neuromuscular electrostimulation
- acupuncture of spasticity and pain syndromes
- occupational therapy
- psycho-educational classes
- logopedia in the language of the patient
- Individual physiotherapy
- microcurrent treatment
- fangotherapy / cryotherapy
- antispasmodic drug therapy (incl. Botox)
- mobilization of limb joints
- hydrotherapy / massage therapy / reflexology
- training on special trainers (Lokomat, exoskeleton)
- bladder training
- bowel training
- and etc.
- constant care nurses
- stay in the hospital with full board
- symptomatic and drug therapy
St. Antonius Hospital (St. Antonius Hospital) is an academic teaching hospital of the RWTH technical university, Aachen. This is a denominational hospital and it focuses its activity on providing first-class medical services, using innovative and modern methods of treatment. This medical institution in collaboration with other organizations provides not only multidisciplinary treatment of patients, but also specializes in palliative medicine. The holistic approach to the healing process is reflected in the hospital’s structure, which focuses on providing comprehensive care. The broad spectrum of our specialist medical departments is reflected in an equally wide choice of treatments, of which the following diagram provides an initial overview.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
Neurorehabilitation/ neurological rehabilitation/ Phase B
- Hospital: St. Antonius Hospital
- Department: Department of Interdisciplinary Early Rehabilitation
- Head physician: Dr. med. Eberhardt Schneider
- access_time Duration
- Visa support
- Interpreter 3 hours
- Interpreter 10 hours
- Translation of medical documents 4 pages