You may contact Booking Health for the comprehensive arrangement of any medical program in Germany.
German hospitals offer both cheap and innovative treatment options. For instance, the price of a check-up starts at 2,995 €, price of proton therapy starts at 45,000 €.
TOP German hospitals are Charite University Hospital, University Hospital Heidelberg, University Hospital Frankfurt-am-Main.
Germany offers best cancer treatment, as well as neurosurgical and cardiological treatment, joint replacement, rehabilitation, etc.
Hundreds of thousands of foreign patients are examined and treated in Germany annually. People from all over the world come here in search of better medical care compared with the one, which doctors in their home country can offer them. Biggest hospitals in Germany are ready to admit any person who is able to pay for their services. The costs of treatment in Germany are higher than in most other countries, but health is much more important than money, so the relatively high costs of treatment do not become an obstacle for foreign tourists.
- Benefits of medical treatment in Germany
- The main fields of medical treatment in Germany
- Which hospitals can offer treatment in Germany?
- Approximate cost of popular treatments in Germany
Benefits of medical treatment in Germany
The German healthcare system ranks among the best in the world. It is one of the five countries in the world, which carry out the greatest number of clinical trials. Both state university and local German hospitals in Germany receive generous funding from the government. The investments in medical care in this country exceed 11% of GDP. The German government spends more than 300 billion euros for health care annually.
Therefore, health care has outstanding results. The foreign patients receive high quality medical care here. The high treatment effectiveness in German hospitals is confirmed even by the fact that this country ranks first in Europe in terms of human life expectancy.
The medical treatment in Germany has the following advantages:
- Highly qualified doctors.
- Standardized approaches for the provision of medical care.
- Excellent equipment in most German hospitals.
- High diagnostic accuracy.
- The availability of modern treatment methods, which are limited in other countries.
- Continuous development and implementation of innovations, which allow to achieve significant treatment success in even the most serious diseases.
- High-quality postoperative care and rehabilitation.
- Comfortable living conditions for patients.
- Well-performed anesthesia and symptomatic treatment.
German doctors strive to provide the best possible benefits for the patient's health using minimally traumatic techniques. Therefore, any hospital always gives preference to organ-sparing operations. Most surgical interventions are performed using laparoscopic, endoscopic, thoracoscopic access in order to reduce operational risks, alleviate patient's condition after surgery and facilitate the recovery.
When undergoing treatment in Germany, medical tourists can rely on the use of modern medical procedures and drugs. Optionally, one can take part in clinical trials, which are constantly carried out at the university medical centers. This makes it possible to use the very latest achievements of German medicine.
The main fields of medical treatment in Germany
Of course, foreign patients do not undergo medical treatment in German hospitals in the case of acute respiratory infections or hypertension. First of all, people with serious diseases and people who cannot rely on sufficiently high-quality medical care in their home country turn to German medical centers. Also, medical tourists come to German hospitals for better diagnostics.
The following popular medical fields are in demand among foreign patients:
- Joint replacement surgery.
- Cancer treatment.
- Surgery for urological diseases: urinary tract anomalies, prostate adenoma.
- Neurosurgical operations.
- Spinal surgery.
- Neurological diseases.
- Heart surgery (coronary artery disease, heart defects, arrhythmias).
Thus, when diagnosed with life-threatening diseases, especially if high-tech equipment and the best doctors in the world are required for well-performed medical care, most patients want to undergo treatment in German hospitals.
The medical tourists often come for preventive examination. The local clinics offer check-up programs for the assessment of various organs and systems. The modern diagnostic techniques can detect diseases at the initial stages. If they are detected, you can immediately undergo treatment in Germany.
Which hospitals can offer treatment in Germany?
The selection of the hospital depends on your problem. Different hospitals specialize in the treatment of different groups of diseases. It is also necessary to take into account the conditions of stay during the treatment abroad, the location of the hospital. An important factor for many people is the cost of treatment.
The Booking Health company can help you to choose the best medical clinic according to your disease or symptoms. It can be a highly specialized medical facility or a general hospital. Here are some examples from the full list of hospitals in Germany:
- Charite University Hospital Berlin is one of the largest medical facilities in Europe. All medical fields are well developed here. The structure includes more than a hundred clinics, which are combined in 17 centers. More than 1 million patients are treated here annually. Many foreign citizens are among them. According to the Focus magazine, it is the best German diagnostic center, as well as the therapeutic one.
- University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich regularly ranks among the TOP German hospitals. It is the largest Research Center. The medical facility has 29 departments and 11 institutes, as well as a large number of sections. 1,700 doctors and 3,200 nurses work here for the benefit of patients.
- University Hospital Frankfurt am Main has been a leader in German medicine for over 100 years. It is a huge hospital, the total area of which exceeds the area of the historical center of the city where it is located. Neurosurgery, oncology, cardiology and cardiac surgery are best developed here.
Approximate cost of popular treatments in Germany:
If you appreciate German medicine, you can use the services of doctors in this country. The Booking Health company will organize your treatment in German hospitals. We offer the following benefits:
- Selection of the best hospital for medical treatment abroad based on your case.
- Establishment of communication directly with your attending physician.
- Preparation of the diagnostic and treatment program.
- Monitoring of the program.
- Control of the cost of treatment and return of unspent funds upon the treatment program completion.
- Assistance in buying and forwarding of medicines.
- Communication with the hospital after treatment program completion.
- Organization of additional medical procedures, if necessary.
What is the cost of medical treatment in Germany? It depends on the particular medical program. Anyway, the cost of treatment is reduced due to the absence of coefficients for foreign patients (saving up to 50%).
Does medical insurance cover treatment abroad? If you are a client of international insurance company, sometimes it is possible. Be sure to tell your medical advisor about the insurance type in order to clarify all the details in advance.
The employees of the Booking Health company will provide you with all the necessary information, high-quality service, such as the assistance with the preparation of documents, booking of hotel and airline tickets, transfer from the airport to the hospital and back.
Authors: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova, Dr. Sergey Pashchenko