It is possible now to go to Germany for treatment!
We issue urgent medical visas to go to Germany!
Please contact us! We know everything about the available flights around the world!
Why is treatment in German hospitals so popular among medical tourists? Which hospital is the best? How to choose the right one and how to start treatment in Germany? For our readers, we have prepared a list of the best hospitals in Germany along with recommendations on choosing the hospital that is absolutely suitable for your medical needs.
The main criteria for ranking are statistics of the hospital`s curability of diseases, patients` reviews, ratings of doctors according to authoritative publications and scientific engagement of the clinic.
- Directions of treatment in German hospitals
- What hospitals are there in Germany?
- Organizing trip to Germany for treatment
- Cost of treatment at hospitals of Germany
- Advantages of treatment in Germany
- Booking Health Service
TOP-10 Best Hospitals in Germany
- The Charite University Hospital, located in Berlin, is rightfully ranked 1st, as it was recognized as the best German clinic in 2017 according to the authoritative magazine Focus.
- The Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch ranks among the best medical facilities in Germany according to the Focus magazine. It is a maximum care hospital with more than 60 departments, facilities and centers, as well as an emergency service.
- The University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich is the largest clinic in Germany and one of the oldest. It is also included in the rating of the Focus magazine, taking an honorable second place.
- The University Hospital Frankfurt am Main is one of the best educational institutions for the future specialists in Germany.
- The University Hospital Duesseldorf is an excellent example of a combination of high-quality health care, research and teaching activities.
- The Asklepios Academic City Hospital Bad Wildungen belongs to the network of academic clinics and is considered as one of the best in terms of equipment in the country.
- The University Hospital Bonn is the youngest hospital in Germany, which managed to take a place in the top ten ranking by Focus.
- The University Hospital RWTH Aachen is one of the most comfortable hospitals for patients because it is located in the park zone. It focuses a lot of attention on a postoperative rehabilitation of patients.
- The University Hospital Erlangen occupies a high position in the ranking of the authoritative Focus magazine. In addition to 25 specialized departments, the clinic includes the Erlangen Multidisciplinary Cancer Center and the Transplantation Center.
- University Hospital Tuebingen provides a high level of service. Here you can create a personal menu with a professional dietician. It is possible to place an accompanying person in the ward with the patient.
Directions of treatment in German hospitals
Oncological hospitals in Germany are leading among European medical centers based on the 5-year treatment of cancer patients. That is why the treatment of cancer in Germany is so highly demanded. Oncology departments offer their patients a number of modern techniques, including minimally invasive and organ-preserving remedies. This approach is particularly relevant in the treatment of breast cancer, cervical cancer, prostate cancer. In addition, oncological departments of German clinics have rehabilitation centers where the patient can undergo a recovery course after therapy.
The best oncological hospitals in Germany are:
- University Hospital Bonn
- Charite University Hospital Berlin
- Asklepios Academic City Hospital Bad Wildungen
Cardiological and cardiac surgical hospitals in Germany use such techniques as coronary bypass, heart valve surgery, surgical treatment of heart tumors and heart transplantation.
The best cardiological hospitals are:
- University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
- The University Hospital Duesseldorf
- HELIOS Clinic for Heart Surgery Karlsruhe
Neurological departments in German hospitals offer innovative treatment methods. They include multiple sclerosis therapy with modern drugs based on monoclonal antibodies; implantation of stimulants for the treatment of epilepsy and Parkinson's disease.
The departments of neurology also have rehabilitation centers for neurological diseases: stroke, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, and craniocerebral trauma.
The best neurological hospitals are:
- University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- University Hospital Tuebingen
- University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
The Centers of Orthopedics and Traumatology in Germany treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system: joints, spine and muscles. Hospitals in Germany are one of the best in the world in high-quality replacement of joints. Here, technologies enable the endoprosthesis to last for at least 20 years. All interventions cause low trauma and enable the patient to quickly return to a normal life. The departments include centers of orthopedic rehabilitation where the patient restores joint functions after its replacement.
The best German hospitals in the field of orthopedics are:
Neurosurgical hospitals in Germany are equipped with special systems that help surgeons navigate in the area they are operating, using a micro camera that transmits the image to the monitor in real time. Robotic technologies enable neurosurgeons to minimize the risk by avoiding inaccurate movements during the surgeries.
The best hospitals in the field of neurosurgery are:
The best ophthalmology department in Germany is located at the University Hospital Bonn. The Clinic Department of Ophthalmology is the center for the training of ophthalmologists in Germany. The department is headed by Professor Frank G. Holtz.
What hospitals are there in Germany?
Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Bonn, Aachen, Frankfurt and Cologne are included in the ranking of the cities with the highest standard of living, therefore, when choosing a hospital in one of these cities, you will receive not only qualified medical care, but also excellent ecological and social environment.
Before choosing a clinic where you will be diagnosed, treated or rehabilitated, it is important to know that German hospitals are divided into university, private and municipal hospitals. The choice of a particular hospital is individual and depends on your diagnosis and type of treatment.
University clinics in Germany have medical departments, where professors constantly conduct scientific research and develop the latest methods of treatment of various diseases. One of the best European hospitals is the Charite University Hospital Berlin at Humboldt University.
Treatment in the University hospital is more expensive than at an ordinary one. However, for many patients it is an advantage that the treatment of a particular disease is often at the center of scientific interest.
Private hospitals are the most common form of medical institutions for the treatment in Germany. As a rule, they are created by the doctors of various specializations from university clinics. The cost of a treatment in the private hospitals is strictly regulated by the state and, as a rule, is lower than in the university hospital. Private hospitals are often the leading clinics in their field, such as the Schön Klinik network of orthopedic clinics.
The advantage of undergoing treatment in a private clinic is that the patients feel more comfortable here because of the park zone and good service. For example, the Bavarian clinic Klinikum Alpenpark and the Munich clinic "Arabella" offer an accomodation in an old mansion, with a park and a view of the mountains and the lake. Such conditions contribute not only to physical, but also psychological recovery of patients. Reviews of private German clinics indicate that the patients feel comfortable under the care of staff.
Treatment in the private clinics is more expensive than in the public ones. However, you can save a lot if your diagnosis does not involve hospitalization, you can opt for outpatient treatment in a private clinic.
Typically, these are hospitals in the same city, networked. The level of services in such health facilities is not inferior to university hospitals in Germany. Among municipal hospitals there is a separate category - clinics of religious communities. Such medical institutions are created for altruistic motives. As a rule, these clinics are highly specialized and financed better than others.
Organizing trip to Germany for treatment
How to start treatment in Germany?
To apply for a medical visa to Germany (Schengen visa category C) you need to prepare a list of documents, including a receipt that indicates payment of treatment. The visa is issued on average in about 2 weeks. If you have an urgent case, the registration will be processed according to the accelerated program - within 3 days. For serious patients, a visa can be obtained at a German airport.
Do I need an interpreter in German clinics?
Yes, if you or your accompanying person do not speak German at the level of understanding medical terminology. We provide our clients with an interpreter.
How to get to the hospital from the airport?
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you from the airport to the clinic. A personal medical coordinator will meet you and be in touch with you at any time of the day.
Where do the patient and the accompanying person live while the treatment in Germany?
Patients whose diagnosis requires hospitalization are located in the hospital ward. With outpatient treatment, you can live next to the clinic. Our managers will help you find and book a hotel or apartment for you and / or the person accompanying you.
Cost of treatment at German hospitals
Treatment in Germany is more expensive than in Russia and other post-Soviet countries, but it is much lower than in the US or Switzerland. Prices in German hospitals are justified by the quality of the equipment in hospitals and the level of qualification of doctors and nurses. The cost of treatment is regulated at the legislative level.
How is the cost formed and what does it depend on?
The cost of treatment in Germany can vary significantly depending on the chosen medical institution. The final cost is also influenced by the patient's diagnosis, the presence of complications, concomitant diseases and general physical condition. The qualifications of the treating physician also play a role in determining the cost.
Costs for examination in various German hospitals:
|Charite University Berlin||from 5 800 EUR|
|Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch||from 4 500 EUR|
|University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich||from 4 900 EUR|
|University Hospital Frankfurt am Main||from 4 700 EUR|
|University Hospital Duesseldorf||from 4 800 EUR|
So a professor's consultation at a university clinic can cost twice as much as a highly specialized doctor's consultation at a specialized medical center.
Can the price of treatment change?
The price for treatment in German clinics is calculated in advance. However, there are cases when in the process of the examination there is a need for additional procedures or there are complications during treatment.
Booking Health provides patients with medical travel insurance, which covers additional expenses in case of medical complications.
Advantages of treatment in Germany
High-quality service, the latest methods of treatment, modern technology, first-class doctors, luxurious health resorts and picturesque nature are the main advantages that make Germany the country to go for the treatment.
Climate and geographical location
Germany has a mild climate, acceptable for most medical tourists. There are no extremities, no heat or sub-zero temperatures here. The territorial location of the country is convenient for most residents of Europe and the countries of the former CIS.
Quality of diagnosis and treatment
Germany is one of the leading countries in the provision of high quality medicine. Medicine is one of the major branches of the German economy. Thanks to fundamental medical research and scientific discoveries, as well as significant financing of the healthcare system, Germany is recognized as a recreational center.
About 250,000 patients from all over the world undergo treatment in Germany each year. The accuracy of diagnosis in German clinics exceeds 99.8%. Also, a comprehensive diagnosis in a German clinic can be done in 3 days.
Technical equipment of German hospitals
Medical equipment in German hospitals is updated once a year or two due to the rapid pace of modernization of medical equipment.
In this country, the best instrumental diagnostics devices, there are robotic complexes for complex operations and rehabilitation equipment for fitness:
- High-precision MRI devices of the latest model with a power of 3 Tesla
- Round-the-clock monitoring system of the patient's condition
- Robot-surgeon Da Vinci for performing operations of high accuracy
- Robot ROSA for minimally invasive neurosurgical procedures on the brain
- System of neuronavigation for endoscopic interventions
- Auxiliary equipment for patients in serious condition (devices for life support, air conditioning system with filters for absolute sterility of wards, beds with a lifting mechanism, etc.)
- Rehabilitation exoskeletons, which enable walking for people even in a wheelchair (the exoskeleton works thanks to human nerve impulses, which the suit transforms into movements)
- Gadgets for the restoration of intellectual abilities of neurological patients
- Robotic simulators for the restoration of motor functions
List of the best doctors in Germany
- The best German oncologists: Prof. Peter Brossart, Prof. Ulrich Kailholz, Prof. Peter Hershbach
- The best German neurosurgeons: Prof. Peter Vaikozy, Prof. Martin Scholz, Prof. Walter Stummer
- The best German cardiologists and cardiac surgeons: Prof. Karl-Ludwig Laugwitz, Prof. Thorsten Wahlers, Prof. Uwe Mehlhorn, Prof. Stefan Baldus, Prof. Bernd-Dieter of Gosk.
- The best German neurologists: Prof. Helmut Steinmetz, Prof. Thomas Gasser, Prof. Marianna Dieterich, Prof. Peter Berlit
German hospitals perform all procedures in one place - patients do not need to spend a lot of time looking for the right room. There may be long queues requesting the skills of German specialists, but the schedule of procedures is drawn up in advance, so there is no need to wait in line. Treatment in Germany is always carried out according to an individual patient plan. Foreign patients are accompanied by an interpreter and personal coordinator.
Booking Health service
A patient from any country can undergo examination, treatment or rehabilitation in leading hospitals of Germany with the help of Booking Health. Booking Health is the certified international medical tourism operator. The company is registered in the city of Bonn and has direct contracts with large university hospitals and private healthcare institutions. On the Booking Health website, you can find reliable information about hospitals, doctors and medical services, as well as book the medical program that is convenient for you.
Booking Health takes care of all organizational issues:
- We select the right medical program for you
- Analyze and translate your medical history
- Book treatment at the best German clinic
- Book flight tickets and hotel room for you
- Provide you with a personal coordinator and an interpreter
- If necessary, we organize additional consultations and procedures for you
- Control of the correctness of the cost of treatment
- Insure your medical tour
Use this ranking to choose the best treatment location and you will enjoy a speedy recovery in the comfort and care of a state-of-the-art German clinic!