Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Nephrology, Transplantation Medicine, Hypertensiology and Intensive Medicine (26113)
Specialized in: nephrology, transplantation medicine, hypertensiology, intensive medicine
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Charité Berlin, headed by Prof. Dr.med. Walter Zidek, specializes in nephrology, transplantation medicine, treatment of kidney failure and hypertension. Since 2013, the Department is the certified Hypertension Center (certificate of the German Hypertension League, DHL) as well as – in cooperation with the Department of Vascular Surgery – the certified Interdisciplinary Shunt-Center.
The Department of Nephrology under the lead of Prof. Dr.med. Walter Zidek, located at the Benjamin Franklin Campus, has been treating patients since the mid-60s in the following specialized areas: nephrology, dialysis, interdisciplinary intensive medicine, transplantation medicine, shunt procedures. Annually, more than 2,500 patients are treated here on the inpatient basis.
The main focus of the Department is on treatment of nephrological diseases. A well-established team of physicians and highly qualified nursing staff, available at the Department, administers the latest medical technologies. A great attention is given to the treatment of different forms of kidney failure. In particular, in addition to the integrative therapy of patients with hypertension and/or diabetes, the Department also has special expertise in treatment of patients with different glomerulonephritis, interstitial nephritis, vasculitis or other rheumatological diseases.
The range of nephrological services offered at the University Hospital Charité Berlin includes the following modalities:
- Treatment of patients before and after kidney transplantation
- Diagnosis of patients with acute kidney failure and newly diagnosed chronic kidney failure
- Treatment of acute kidney failure and integrative treatment of patients with chronic kidney failure
- Treatment of patients with HIV-associated nephropathy
- Treatment of patients with complex rheumatological diseases
- Care for geriatric patients with kidney diseases (geriatric nephrology), including palliative care
- Integrative treatment of patients with dialysis
- Diagnosis and treatment of patients with M. Ormond
Main treatment areas of the Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Charité Berlin:
- Dialysis Center
- Interdisciplinary intensive medicine
- Transplantation medicine
- Interdisciplinary Shunt-Center
- Ambulatory treatment of diseases (hypertension, diabetes, glomerulonephritis, autoimmune diseases, lupus, polycystic kidney disease (PKD), HIV, oncological diseases, M. Ormond)
Department of Nephrology, Transplantation Medicine, Hypertensiology and Intensive Medicine.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home