It is no surprise that more and more people are going to Germany for treatment. This country attracts surplus funding in the development and research of medicine. Germany ranks third in the world among the countries with the highest life expectancy and this is a direct merit of the country’s healthcare system.
People from all over the world want to receive the expert services of German doctors, even despite the fact that the prices for medical services are higher as compared to other countries with poorly developed medicine.
Why is it beneficial to receive treatment in Germany?
In general, treatment in Germany is more expensive than in most developing countries. But this is justifiable since with better medical services comes a higher price to pay.
However, the difference in price is not as large as some patients think and this is why:
- The price of a single diagnostic or treatment procedure in Germany is higher than in most developing countries. However, the cost of the whole course of treatment cannot be much higher or even lower, because German doctors strictly comply with the protocols. They do not prescribe unnecessary tests, drugs or medical manipulations.
- Different hospitals in poorly developed healthcare system usually offer completely different prices due to the vast difference in social classes. In Germany, pricing in medicine is regulated by government agencies, namely the Federal Ministry of Health and the Federal Medical Association to avoid a vast difference in treatment to various social classes, because everyone has a right to quality healthcare.
- Some countries set one treatment prices for their patients, but for medical tourists the costs are escalated. For Germany it is not customary to increase treatment costs for foreign citizens. The country regulates all prices at a legislative level. They are the same for both local and foreign patients.
- When you undergo treatment in your country, you can do so at a low treatment price. However, eventually you will have more and more expenses. In Germany everything is different. The initial price seems to be high, but it does not increase anymore. Moreover, you pay for the treatment with a margin of about 20% and after the therapy this money is refunded to you. If you use Booking Health’s services, you will also have an insurance against all unforeseen medical expenses with a total cost of up to two hundred thousand euros( €200 000.00).
Thus, the total cost of treatment in Germany is not much higher than the cost of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures in the developing countries, however the quality of treatment is very different.
A list of hospitals where you can undergo treatment:
- Hospital Kloster Grafschaft GmbH
- Academic Clinic Eichsfeld
- St. Louise Hospital
- Hospital Neuwerk “Maria von den Aposteln”
- Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele
Examples of prices for the treatment of various diseases
The cost of treatment in Germany depends on many factors, namely:
- Your diagnosis
- List of necessary diagnostic and treatment procedures
- Duration of the hospital stay
- Presence of some concomitant pathology, which also requires treatment
- Status of the attending physician
- Number of medical professionals involved in the therapeutic or diagnostic process
- Comfort level of the patient room
- Accompanying person and the need for his/her accommodation in the ward
Below shows an estimated cost of treatment of different diseases. It is preliminary. To find out the exact price for each procedure or for the treatment of a particular disease, you can use the search form on our website.
How to save on treatment?
We can help you to choose the most suitable hospital that will suit your needs. Using our services you not only get better treatment, but also spend less money because:
- We provide treatment optimisation that will allow you to save up to 70% of the funds spent on medical services.You will save on unnecessary fees
- You will have an insurance that covers all unforeseen medical expenses during the treatment and within two years after the end of the treatment course
- You have an opportunity to receive free consultations of your attending physician within 3 months after discharge from the hospital
Today people can move freely around the world and therefore there is no reason to receive treatment only in one’s own country. You can get excellent medical services abroad at affordable prices. Please contact us to choose the best hospital in Germany and save on treatment without compromising the quality of therapy.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova
You might also be interested in:
Many treatments program are already bookable on bookinghealth.com
Booking Health is an international Internet portal where you can explore information about the world's leading clinics and book a medical program online. Thanks to the well-designed structure and simple presentation of information, the site is easily used by thousands of people without medical education. The portal offers programs in all areas of medicine. First of all, these are diagnostic programs, or check-up. Also, it is a full range of treatment programs, from conservative therapy to complicated surgical interventions. Rehabilitation programs consolidate the results of treatment or are used independently. Internet portal Booking Health provides an opportunity to compare qualifications of specialists, methods of treatment and cost of medical care in different clinics. The patient chooses the most suitable option independently or after a free consultation of the Booking Health’ doctor.