Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea, and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request, and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
The expression “German quality” is known worldwide as an indicator of high standards. Everything in this country is done in the best possible way. It's not just about cars or household appliances. People with the most complex diseases, namely, cardiological, oncological, neurological, and other ones, are successfully treated here. Annually, thousands of patients visit German clinics to receive high-quality medical services.
- Why is treatment in Germany so effective?
- The latest treatment methods
- Which diseases is it better to treat in Germany?
- Hospitals and costs of treatment in Germany
- Treatment in Germany during the lockdown
- How to choose a hospital and come for treatment in Germany?
Why is treatment in Germany so effective?
There are several reasons why doctors in German clinics achieve better results compared to medical institutions in other countries:
- Training of doctors. German Doctors receive an excellent education. The best specialists from all over the world come here to practice in reputable clinics. Therefore, doctors' qualifications are much higher than in most other countries.
- The technical equipment in clinics. Each large hospital has expensive medical equipment. Most institutions in other countries can only envy. It gives the possibility to perform accurate diagnostics and plan successful treatment. Ultramodern operations are also carried out with its help.
- The latest treatment methods. Doctors in Germany successfully apply treatment techniques that are not implemented in the clinical practice of other countries yet. Our therapeutic techniques are developed here. Medical achievements from other countries are also timely implemented in German hospitals.
The latest treatment methods
Many diseases require high-tech medical care. The following techniques are used in Germany:
- Robot-assisted operations. Surgical interventions are performed by a robot surgeon. A doctor guides it with a remote controller. Such operations are less traumatic because the human factor is excluded. The “hand” of a robot will never falter. Cuts are perfectly straight and thin. The volume of blood loss is decreased. The rehabilitation period is improved; the risk of complications is reduced, and the patient’s recovery period is accelerated.
- Radiosurgery. Nowadays, tumors, aneurysms, and arteriovenous malformations are removed without a scalpel. Malformations in the lungs and brain could be removed with the help of radiosurgical techniques. It is a painless and quick procedure. A person can drive a car and go to work the next day after the radiosurgical removal of the brain tumor.
- Radionuclide medicine. Clinical trials with radioisotopes that are accumulated in particular tissues are carried out in Germany. This is especially important for identifying and destroying tumor metastases. During the examination, metastases accumulate special substances that emit radiation and destroy cancer cells.
- Cardiac surgery. Complex heart surgeries are performed in German clinics. Moreover, they are often performed even without opening the chest. Access is provided through the blood vessels of the lower limbs. The operations with thoracoscopic access are also performed in the same way. Such interventions are less traumatic and do not require long-term rehabilitation.
- Matrix-induced chondrogenesis. Damaged cartilages of the joints cannot be restored. But everything changes if German doctors take up the case. They take the patient's cartilage cells, grow full-fledged cartilage of the necessary shape, and implant it inside the knee joint. As a result, cartilage surface defects are compensated.
Which diseases is it better to treat in Germany?
These are diseases that require either brand medications, innovative equipment, skilled healthcare professionals, unique German therapeutic techniques, or a comprehensive approach. Some people have other reasons and choose Germany for the high level of patient comfort and confidentiality of personal data.
Most often, German hospitals and rehabilitation centers admit patients with such conditions:
- Benign and malignant brain tumors
- Prostate cancer (especially the metastatic one)
- Benign prostatic conditions that require sparing therapy
- Lung cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer (and other abdominal malignancies that require HIPEC)
- Stroke (both acute-phase therapy and rehabilitation)
- Arthrosis (both conservative treatment, including stem cell therapy, and joint replacement)
Check-ups and rehabilitation programs are in demand as well. One more specific field of medicine is stem cell therapy and biological medicine. Due to the vast technical and medicinal possibilities, German healthcare professionals can choose only the best options for achieving the desired result.
Hospitals and costs of treatment in Germany
In Germany, you can undergo treatment in large university hospitals, academic clinics, and small specialized praxis. The choice of the healthcare facility depends, first of all, on the diagnosis and age of the patient.
Leading German multidisciplinary hospitals are:
|1||University Hospital Heidelberg||Heidelberg|
|2||University Hospital Oldenburg||Oldenburg|
|3||Hannover Medical School (MHH)||Hannover|
|4||Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch||Berlin|
|5||Academic Hospital Asklepios Barmbek Hamburg||Hamburg|
The cost of the medical program depends on the chosen hospital, the patient's age, diagnosis, and treatment method. Estimated costs of treatment for widespread pathologies are as follows:
To receive information about the cost of treatment in your case, leave your request on the Booking Health website.
Treatment in Germany during the lockdown
The lockdown restrictions have significantly influenced the sphere of medical tourism. Understanding the importance of timely and high-quality medical care, people still can visit Germany for this purpose. However, preparation for travel can be more time-consuming and bureaucratic these days.
To start the necessary therapy at the leading German healthcare facility you will need the following:
- Invitation for treatment from the selected hospital
- Regular or medical visa; in certain cases – entrance permission
- Tickets and accommodation confirmation (in case of outpatient treatment)
- Vaccination certificate (the vaccine should be internationally approved) or / and COVID-test (PCR or for COVID-antigen, this depends on the current epidemiological situation)
In general, there is no reason to worry, as carefully prepared medical tourists always start their therapy timely. Booking Health specialists will guide you through each stage of document preparation, as well as inform you on current travel restrictions, and demands. With Booking health, the COVID-19 pandemic is not a significant obstacle.
How to choose a hospital and come for treatment in Germany?
Booking Health is a medical tourism operator that has been organizing treatment of people from 75 countries in the world's leading hospitals for 16 years. Compliance of the quality of the company's work with high international standards is confirmed by the prestigious ISO 9001: 2015 certificate.
Booking Health offers help in such important aspects:
- Choosing the right hospital based on the annual qualification profile
- Establishing communication directly with your physician
- Preparing medical program in advance, without repeating previous examinations
- Providing favorable costs, without overpricing and additional fees for foreign patients (savings of up to 50%)
- Booking the appointment on the necessary date
- Monitoring all stages of the treatment program
- Help in buying and forwarding medicines
- Communication with the hospital after treatment completion
- Control of invoices and return of unspent funds
- Organization of follow-up examinations, if necessary
- Offering services of the highest level: booking hotels and plane tickets, transfer organization
- Services of interpreter and personal medical coordinator
To start planning your treatment, please, leave the request on the website of Booking Health. Our patient case manager or medical advisor will contact you the same day to discuss all the details. Our work aims to help you in improving and maintain your health.
Choose treatment abroad, and you will get the best results for sure!
The article was edited by a medical experts, board-certified doctors Dr. Vadim Zhiliuk, Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova. For the treatment of the conditions referred to in the article, you must consult a doctor; the information in the article is not intended for self-medication!