Oncology is one of the most high-tech branches of medicine. Effectiveness of cancer treatment depends largely on the technical capabilities of the hospital, experience and qualification of doctors. Therefore, the results of cancer therapy are significantly different in particular countries.
Many people prefer to receive cancer treatment in Germany. There they receive high-level medical care. The treatment techniques that are used in German hospitals allow the patient to completely recover from cancer or significantly increase life expectancy.
There is a large number of various oncological diseases. Different techniques are used for their treatment. There are three main techniques, such as:
- surgical cancer treatment options;
- radiation therapy;
In the treatment of oncology in Germany, different techniques play different roles. In the treatment of many types of cancer, the primary method is surgery, since it is important to carry out the physical removal of the tumor. However, in some cases, other methods are the main ones. For example, in leukemia (blood cancer), the chemotherapy remains the leading treatment technique. In the case of brain cancer, the radiation therapy may be the main method.
In addition to the above-listed methods, there are many other ways of destroying oncological formations and their metastases. It should be mentioned that these methods are not used for all types of tumors. Some additional options of cancer treatment in Germany are:
- Photodynamic therapy is the injection of sensitizers into the body followed by irradiation with light beams of a certain wavelength.
- Targeted therapy is the prescription of monoclonal antibodies, checkpoint inhibitors, angiogenesis inhibitors and other groups of drugs.
- Immunotherapy is the use of person's own immunity resources in the fight against the tumor.
- Radionuclide therapy is the injection of therapeutic radioactive substances into the body. They are accumulated in the tumor cells and then destroy these cells.
- Radiosurgery is a removal of oncological formations in one session with accurately directed large doses of radiation.
- Vascular embolization is a procedure which disrupts the blood supply of a tumor, as a result cancer cells die.
- Hormone therapy is used in cancer of the reproductive system.
Treatment of cancer in Germany
Many patients strive to go to Germany for the treatment of oncology because medicine is well developed in this country. The high-tech operations, the newest types of radiation therapy, and the modern drugs are used here. The innovative cancer therapies are constantly being implemented into the clinical practice in Germany.
The following techniques are used in this country:
- Minimally invasive surgical interventions in malignant oncologic formations at the early stages. For example, in lung cancer, the video-assisted thoracic surgery without thoracotomy is used here. Bowel cancer can be removed with access through the rectum. Many operations are performed using laparoscopic access (through minimal incisions in the abdominal wall).
- Robot-assisted surgeries are carried out with the participation of a robotic system which is managed by a surgeon. Such interventions are safer. The human factor is completely excluded, the blood loss is reduced, and there is no risk of infection.
- Oncoplastic surgeries in breast cancer allow not only to remove the tumor but also to restore the attractive appearance of the female breast.
- Bronchoplastic operations at the advanced stages of lung cancer make it possible to remove large tumors and preserve the areas of functional lung parenchyma.
- Intraoperative fluorescence diagnostics. During the operation the specific substances are injected. They stain the tumor tissues making them visible to the surgeon. This allows the doctor to completely remove the tumor and avoid a relapse.
In Germany, the latest methods of radiation therapy are used for the treatment of cancer. They ensure the accurate targeting, increasing the radiation dose for a tumor and reducing the irradiation for healthy tissues.
New chemotherapy regimens are applied. The hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy is used for the treatment of bowel cancer, when the abdominal cavity is washed with a heated chemotherapy solution in order to destroy micrometastases.
In Germany, the radionuclide therapy is used in certain types of cancer. It is widely used in metastatic prostate cancer. Being injected into the body, radiopharmaceuticals are accumulated in cancer cells. They can destroy the tumor areas, regardless of their location in the human body.
The best hospitals in Germany
For the treatment of oncology in Germany, the patients usually contact the large university hospitals. The choice must be made according to the type of the cancer because different medical institutions have succeeded in the treatment of various oncopathologies.
Here are some of the best hospitals in Germany where the high-quality treatment for patients with cancer can be provided:
- Charite University Hospital (Berlin).
- University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus (Dresden).
- Academic Hospital Neuperlach Munich.
- University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Organization of the cancer treatment in Germany
In order to undergo cancer treatment in Germany without any difficulties, you may use the services of the company Booking Health. We will select a right hospital for you and reduce the cost of treatment. Thanks to the modern treatment methods, you can get rid of cancer forever or forget about it for many years.
The advantages of the cooperation with Booking Health are:
- We will choose the best hospital, which has achieved the greatest success in the treatment of certain oncological diseases according to the statistics of the medical facilities.
- The cost of treatment will be lower, up to 50% due to the avoiding overpricing for foreign patients.
- We will help to prepare a medical program taking into account your previous examinations, in order not to perform them again.
- We will establish a communication with your doctor.
- We will make an appointment on convenient for you date.
- We will help to control the cancer therapy program at all its stages.
- We will establish communication with the hospital after the program completion.
- We will control the invoices and ensure return of all unspent funds.
- We will help you to buy and forward medicines.
Booking Health will provide a comfortable treatment of cancer in Germany. Our services include assistance in the preparation of documents for a trip abroad, booking hotels and plane tickets. We will provide you with an interpreter. When you arrive in Germany, our employee will meet you at the airport and take you to the hospital by car. After the treatment, a return transfer will be provided.