Oncology is one of the most high-tech and most advanced medical fields. The success of cancer treatment varies from country to country. The life expectancy of patients and the possibility of full recovery depends on the quality of medical care. Therefore, people from developing countries often prefer to go abroad for the treatment of cancer in the best hospitals in the world.
Cancer treatments abroad
The patients prefer to undergo cancer treatment abroad, as the developed countries use the very latest cancer treatment methods. They use modern operations, radiation and chemotherapy. Other methods also include hormone therapy, immunotherapy, targeted, gene, photodynamic therapy, etc.
In most oncological diseases, the only possible way to completely cure the disease is surgery. The tumor must be removed completely. The surgical procedures can be quite extensive, with total or partial removal of organs, adjacent muscles, lymph nodes, serous membranes, etc.
Germany and other developed countries offer the following modern surgical procedures:
- Laparoscopic – with minimally invasive access through small incisions on the anterior abdominal wall.
- Endoscopic – with the penetration of instruments through the natural openings of the body (oral cavity, rectum, vagina, urethra).
- Robot-assisted – the operation is performed by a surgical robot, which is controlled remotely by the doctor (such operations are safer, less traumatic, blood loss and the risk of complications are reduced).
- Laser, radio wave – help to cure cancer at the initial stage in a minimally traumatic manner.
- Bronchoplastic – allow the doctor to remove large lung tumors, while maintaining the sufficient amount of functional lung tissue.
When performing such surgeries, the costs for the treatment may be higher, but the results are also better. In many cases, the qualitative surgical intervention allows the doctor to completely cure cancer.
Radiation therapy for cancer has been used for decades. However, modern clinics use completely different technologies to minimize the dose of radiation for healthy tissues, but increase it for tumor tissue. These methods increase the cost of treatment, but give better results and are safer for the patient. The following types of radiation therapy can be used to treat oncological diseases abroad:
Conformal radiation therapy. A computerized tomography serves for the determination of the location of a tumor in 3D mode. The rays are delivered from several directions, thereby accurately outlining the contours of the neoplasm.
Intensity-modulated radiation therapy. The rays come from several beams and directions. The doctor gets the opportunity to adjust the intensity of irradiation. This makes it possible to achieve the maximum control over the dose of radiation.
Intraoperative radiation therapy. It is carried out directly during the operation. At the same time, the volume of irradiated healthy tissues is minimized, since radiation beams are directed to the tumor.
The use of radiosensitizers. They are injected into the body and the tumor cells accumulate them. As a result, when the body is irradiated, these tissues become very sensitive to radiation, and therefore they quickly die.
Stereotactic radiosurgery. These methods include CyberKnife and Gamma Knife. The accurately directed high doses of radiation can destroy small tumors in the brain.
Proton therapy. It is expensive, and therefore it can significantly increase the cost of cancer treatment. Instead of X-rays, proton beams are used. The healthy tissues remain almost unaffected along their path. Thus, this method has the effectiveness comparable to radiation therapy, but it is much safer for the patient and better tolerated.
In the best cancer hospitals abroad, the doctors also use other methods of cancer treatment. These include the following procedures:
- Stem cell transplant for oncohematological pathologies.
- Chemotherapy – the injection into the body of drugs, which block cell division.
- Targeted therapy – drugs affect certain parts of the oncological process, selectively destroying cancer, but practically without affecting other cells.
- Radionuclide therapy – the introduction into the body of substances, which accumulate in oncological formations, and then destroy them due to beta radiation.
- Photodynamic therapy – the introduction of photosensitizers (they accumulate in cancer cells), followed by light irradiation of a certain wavelength.
- Hormone therapy – blocking of hormones, which stimulate tumor growth.
The benefits of treatment abroad
The benefits of cancer treatment abroad are obvious. The therapy is more effective and safer. There are several reasons for this:
- High-precision diagnostics using modern equipment.
- Use of modern surgical procedures
- Highly qualified doctors who have been involved in oncology for decades.
- The very latest treatments, most of which are not even used in developing countries.
In foreign clinics, certain successes in cancer treatment can be achieved at any stage. Even if a complete cure cannot be achieved, the doctors will make every effort to maximally prolong the patient's life.
Which hospitals can offer treatment?
The Booking Health company will help organize cancer treatment abroad in the best hospitals in the world. Here are some medical facilities, which are often visited by patients from other countries:
St. Vincentius Hospital. It is a medical facility of the University of Freiburg, Germany. The patients undergo cancer treatment in the Department of Hematology, Oncology, Immunology and Palliative Care. It treats lung, breast and gastrointestinal cancers. The necessary medical care is provided to patients with hematologic diseases. The department's doctors perform modern operations, actively use targeted therapy.
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa. It is one of the leading Israeli hospitals. The Department of Oncology provides the comprehensive cancer treatment. The local Cancer Center is recognized by the European Society of Medical Oncology. The hospital uses new technologies, applies biological cancer treatment methods and conducts clinical trials.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul. The hospital is located in Korea. The patients can undergo diagnostics and treatment of cancer at any stage in the Department of Oncology and Hematology. The department's doctors cooperate closely with other departments of the hospital, such as surgical, radiological, etc. The medical facility specializes in the treatment of hematologic diseases, as well as lung, esophageal cancer, head and neck tumors.
Organization of treatment
To undergo treatment in the best oncology clinics abroad, please contact Booking Health. We will arrange your trip abroad. There you can undergo the full diagnostics and treatment at any stage of cancer. We provide the following benefits:
- Selection of the best medical clinic specializing in oncology.
- Reduced treatment costs due to the absence of overpricing for foreign patients (the cost of treatment for you can be reduced up to 50%).
- Establishment of communication with your attending physician.
- Preparation of a medical program without repeating previously performed examinations.
- Monitoring of the program at all its stages.
- Control of invoices and return of unspent funds in the case of reduction of the treatment costs (for example, if some medical procedures are not performed).
- Contact with the clinic and doctor after program completion.
- Organization of additional examinations.
- Buying and forwarding of medicines.
The Booking Health company provides all necessary services. We will book a hotel and airline tickets for you, help you prepare the documents, provide a transfer from the airport to the medical clinic and back.