Prof. Dr. med. Michael HallekCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1978 - 1985 Studying medicine at the Universities of Regensburg, Munich and Paris.
- 1985 - 1990 Assistant Physician, Pharmacology and Internal Medicine, TU and University Hospital of Munich (Prof. Szinicz, Prof. Blömer, Prof. Buchborn).
- 1990 - 1992 Fellow, Dana–Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA (Prof. J. Griffin).
- 1992 - 1995 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Innenstadt Campus, University Hospital of Munich, (Head: Prof. Dr.Dr. h.c. P.C. Scriba).
- 1994 (also currently), Head of the working group on gene therapy, the Gene Center of the University Hospital of Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. E.-L. Winnacker).
- 1995 - 1998 Chief Physician of the Section of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Innnenstadt Campus, University Hospital of Munich.
- 1998 - 2003 Chief Physician, Department of Internal Medicine III, Campus Grosshadern, University Hospital of Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. W. Hiddemann), Chief Physician of the Hematology and Oncology Polyclinic, Development and Restructuring (1998-1999).
- August 1999 Professor C3, Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Munich.
- March 2003 Professor C4, Internal Medicine, University Hospital Cologne (successor of Prof. Diehl).
- Since November 2003, Head of the Department of Internal Medicine I (hematology, oncology, infectiology, clinical immunology and intensive care medicine), University Hospital Cologne.
Main academic positions
- 1996 (also currently) Founder and Head of the German Research Group for CLL.
- 2002 (also currently) Chairman of the German Gene Therapy Society.
- 2004 (also currently) Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the German Cancer Organization (Deutschen Krebshilfe), Dr. Mildred-Scheel-Stiftun, experimental studies.
Main awards and scholarships
- 1978 - 1985 Scholarship of the Bavarian organization for assistance to gifted persons "Bayerischen Begabtenförderungsgesetz".
- 1980 - 1985 Cusanuswerks Scholarship.
- 1982 - 1983 Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service for training in France.
- 1990 - 1992 Educational scholarship of the German Research Society.
- 1999 Artur Pappenheim Award of the German Society of Hematology and Oncology.
- 2000 Member of the Scientific Advisory Council (Core Group) of the International Working Group on CLL (IWCLL).