HELIOS Clinic Krefeld
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Neurogastroenterology, Infectology, Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care (381399)
Ali Nuri Hunerliturkoglu
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology, neurogastroenterology, infectology, hematology, oncology, palliative care
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Neurogastroenterology, Infectology, Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department’s specialization covers the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, infectious, hematological and oncological diseases. The use of the most advanced medical technologies and many years of experience of the department's specialists allow them to successfully cope with the most difficult clinical cases. The department is headed by Dr. med. Ali Nuri Hunerliturkoglu.
In the field of gastroenterology, the department offers all modern diagnostic tests that provide the accurate diagnosis: video endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, cholangiography, endosonography, ultrasound dopplerography, elastography (fibroscan), puncture, drainage and many other diagnostic methods.
It is natural that patients suffering from gastrointestinal diseases have problems with nutrition. To solve these problems, the department employs a specially trained team of dietetics, which develops the necessary diet adapted to a specific clinical situation. In certain diseases, artificial feeding is required, for example, infusion therapy (parenteral nutrition) and feeding through a probe (enteral nutrition). All these forms of nutrition are available in the department.
In addition, the medical team of the department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of digestive system diseases caused by nervous disorders (neurogastroenterology). Such pathologies include irritable bowel syndrome, irritable stomach syndrome, functional constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, unclear pain in the chest and abdomen, etc.
In the field of hepatology, there are provided both diagnostics and treatment of the entire spectrum of liver diseases, including liver cancer and liver metastases.
Of particular interest are the diagnosis and conservative treatment of malignant tumors, for example, gastrointestinal tumors, lung cancer, soft tissue tumors, bone tumors, female and male genital tumors, head and neck tumors, acute and chronic malignant blood diseases (leukemia) and diseases of the lymphatic system (lymphoma, CLL), diseases of the immune system and various blood diseases. The spectrum of services in the field of oncology is also complemented by the treatment of malignant diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Much attention is paid to palliative care for patients with progressive incurable diseases, such as cancer, AIDS or ALS, suffering from manifestations of pathology that impair their quality of life. Services in the field of palliative care are provided by an experienced specialized team of competent doctors.
In the field of infectology, there is offered an inpatient and outpatient treatment of all infectious diseases of the abdominal cavity, infections in patients with weakened immunity and infections, such as malaria, typhus. Patients with fever of unknown origin are treated here as well.
In addition, there is an advisory service, which provides consultations to patients from all departments of the clinic with severe infections, for example, patients with sepsis, bone infections, etc.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Diagnosis and treatment of digestive system diseases caused by nervous disorders (neurogastroenterology)
- High-resolution esophageal manometry
- Long-term esophageal and stomach impedance-pH metry
- Oropharyngeal functional tests
- Anorectal manometry
- Small bowel manometry
- Anal surface electromyography
- Defecography (in collaboration with the Department of Radiology)
- Hilton test (in cooperation with the Department of Radiology)
- 13C-urea breath test for the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection to determine liver function, gastric emptying and pancreatic function
- Hydrogen breath test
- Consultations on nutrition
- Artificial feeding (for example, infusion therapy, feeding through a probe)
- Diagnosis and treatment of liver diseases, including liver tumors and metastases
- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases
- Diagnosis and conservative treatment of malignant diseases
- Conventional chemotherapy
- Neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy (in cooperation with the Department of Surgery)
- Simultaneous radiochemotherapy (in cooperation with the Department of Radiotherapy)
- High-dose chemotherapy
- Autologous stem cell transplantation
- Supportive therapy (eg, administration of blood products)
- Palliative care
- Diagnosis and treatment of blood diseases (for example, leukemia)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
In January 2020, Dr. med. Ali Nuri Hunerliturkoglu headed the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Neurogastroenterology, Infectology, Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld. The doctor began studying medicine at the Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf in 1988. The study was followed by an internship at the University Hospital Duesseldorf. After completing his doctorate in the molecular genetic characteristics of intestinal tumors in 1999 and further training as a specialist in internal medicine, Dr. Hunerliturkoglu served for ten years as a Senior Physician in the Stem Cell Transplant Unit at the University Hospital Duesseldorf. From 2006 to 2015, the doctor held the position of the Head of the Department of Oncology and Hematology, the Cancer Outpatient Clinic in the city of Neuss in Germany. From 2013 to 2015, he also worked here as the Medical Director of a large medical center.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Klinikum Krefeld
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Neurogastroenterology, Infectology, Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care.
HELIOS Clinic Krefeld:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.