Urology: Urology. Treatment in Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on:
Prof. Dr. med. Axel HeidenreichCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Education and professional career
- 1983 - 1990 Study of Human Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, University of the Health Sciences, San Antonio, Texas.
- 1990 - 1992 Central Hospital of German Armed Forces in Koblenz, Department of Urology.
- 1992 Doctoral thesis "Etiology and pathogenesis of urolithiasis in rats with portocaval anastomosis", summa cum laude.
- 07/1992 - 05/1993 Assistant Physician, Department of Urology, University Hospital Tübingen.
- 06/1993 - 05/1994 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, District Hospital Hechingen, Surgeon. Compulsory one-year practice.
- 06/1994 - 07/1995 Assistant Physician, Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne.
- 08/1995 - 10/1996 Research Fellowship, Urological Oncology, Walter Reed's Army Medical Center and Armed Forces Institute Of Pathology, Washington, USA (DFG He 2618 / 1-1).
- 1996 Urologist, Head of the Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne.
- 1997 Chief Physician of the Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne.
- 1998 Habilitation and Venia legendi for urology.
- 1999 - 2003 Head of the Department of Urology, University Hospital Marburg.
- 2004 Visiting Professor.
- 2004 - 2008 Head of the Section of Urological Oncology at the Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne.
- 2008 Director of the Department of Urology of the University Hospital Aachen.
- Radical tumor surgery of the prostate, urinary bladder and kidney.
- Medicinal Uro-oncology.
- Radical surgery for advanced urological tumors (prostate, bladder, testes, kidneys).
- Reconstructive urologic surgery (ureter, urethra).
- Molecular prognostic factors of urologic tumors.
- Resistance mechanisms of urological tumors to radiation and chemotherapy.
- Molecular-triggered therapy of urologic tumors.
- Surgical techniques of locally advanced tumors of the urogenital tract.
Prof. Dr. med. Andreas GrossCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Prof. Andreas Gross studied medicine, history and political sciences at the Universities of Freiburg, Lakeland (Florida), Munich, Lübeck, and Wellington (New Zealand). He graduated from Medical University Lübeck (Germany) in 1987 and finished his doctoral thesis in 1988. His medical career started in the Department of Physiology at the University Hospital Lübeck, where he also spent a year in the Department of Surgery. His training in urology was conducted at the University Hospitals of Berlin and Hamburg. After his board certification, Dr. Gross became a consulting urologist at the University Hospital Göttingen. Here, he finished his professorial thesis in 1997 and became a Professor of Urology in 2001. In 2000, he was elected to be the Head of Department at Marienkrankenhaus in Bergisch Gladbach, the Teaching Hospital of the University of Cologne. In 2005, professor headed the Department of Urology at the Academic Teaching Hospital Asklepios Barmbek in Hamburg, Germany.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society for Shock Wave Lithotripsy.
- German Society of Urology, Chairman of the Working Group on Endourology.
- Society of Endourology (New York), Board Member, Member of the Finance Committee.
- Board Member of the European Association of Urology (ESUT).
- European Intrarenal Surgery Society.
- Corresponding Member of the American Society of Urology.
- North-German Society of Urology.
- North Rhine-Westphalia Association of Urology.
- North Rhine-Westphalia Society for the Promotion of Young Urologists.
- Société Internationale d'Urologie, Deputy National Delegate.
- Honorary member of the South African Society of Urology.
Scientific Awards and Prizes
- 1993 and 1999 Peter Bischoff Prize.
- 2007 Asklepios Award 2007.
- 2007 Best Video Presentation 2007, Lower Urinary Tract Disease.
- 2008 Honorary Member of the Society of Urology in New York.
- 2008 Nomination: Berthold Leibinger's Innovation Award.
- 2012 Honorary Member of the South African Urological Association.
- 2014 Best Endourology and Stones Paper at the WCE.
- 2014 Best Video Presentation: Thulium laser prostatectomy.
- 2016 Honorary Member of the Hungarian Society of Urology.
- 2016 Award of the European Society of Urology (EAU), Congress 2016, Munich.
- 2016 Prize of the Medical Scientific Foundation of the Asklepios Barmbek Hospital.
- 2016 Award of the German Society of Urology (Winfried-Vahlensieck-Preis).
Prof. Dr. med. Andres Jan SchraderCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1992-1999 Medizinstudium an der MHH in Hannover
- 1999-2000 Forschungsstipendium am HZI in Braunschweig
- 2000-2002 Assistenzarzt in der Vizeralchirurgie am Städtischen Klinikum Braunschweig
- 2002-2010 Assistenz- und Oberarzt in der Klinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie der Philipps-Universität zu Marburg
- 2010-2014 Leitender Oberarzt und stellv. Direktor der Klinik für Urologie der Universität Ulm
- Seit dem 01.08.2014 Leiter der Klinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie des Universitätsklinikums Münster bzw. der WWU zu Münster
- Operative und konservative Uroonkologie (insbesondere Nierenzellkarzinom, Prostatakarzinom, Urothelkarzinom der Harnblase)
- Roboter-assistierte Operationstechniken
- Minimal-invasive Therapie der Prostatahyperplasie (z.B. Laserenukleation bei gutartiger Prostatavergrößerung)
- Erforschung von Veränderungen im Signaltransduktionsweg als Ursache der Entstehung und Progression von Nierenzellkarzinomen
- Untersuchung von Mutationen und posttranskriptioneller Modifikationen des Androgenrezeptors bei Patienten mit Prostatakarzinom
- Klinische Studien zu prognostischen Markern verschiedener uroonkologischer Erkrankungen
Prof. Dr. Steffen WeikertCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- Study of medicine, Charite University Berlin.
- 1996 Internship at the Memorial Cancer Center. Sloan-Kettering, New York, USA.
- 1997 - 2006 Doctor-Assistant in Urology and Surgery, University Clinic named after Benjamin Franklin Berlin, St. Joseph's Hospital Berlin and the Stralsund Hospital.
- 2007 - 2013 Chief Physician of the Department, University Hospital Charite Berlin.
- 2010 - 2013 Head of the Department of Urological Robotic Assisted Surgery, University Hospital Charite Berlin.
- 2010 - 2013 Head of the Department of Urogenital Tumors, Interdisciplinary Cancer Center Charite Berlin.
- Since 2012 Position of professor at the University Hospital Charite Berlin.
- Since 2013 Chief Physician of the Department of Urology, Vivantes Humboldt Hospital.
Prof. Dr. med. Martin KriegmairCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- Academic and medical education at the Medical University in Munich (LMU) and Lübeck.
- Prior to 1998, the Head of the Department of Urology at the Munich University of Ludwig-Maximilian in Grosshadern.
- Head of the Urological unit in the regional Ebersberg clinic.
- In 2002 he received the title of the Professor at the Munich University of Ludwig-Maximilian.
- Since 2002, the Head Physician of the Urological clinic Munich - Planegg.
- German Society of Urological Doctors (DGU).
- American Urological Association (AUA).
- European Association of Urologists (EAU).
- The Society of German Urologists (BDU).
- Urological Center in Munich ( UCM AG).
Dr. med. Stephan BuseCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Since August 2015, Dr. Stephan Buse has been the Chief Physician of the Department of Urology and Urologic Oncology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen and provides counseling services at the Preventicum Clinic. Dr. Buse is an internationally recognized specialist in urology and urologic oncology. Also, he is the leading specialist in robotic surgery and one of the recognized specialists in minimally invasive surgery at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen. In addition to laparoscopic and minimally invasive procedures, the doctor specializes in laser prostate surgery (Greenlight laser and Thulium laser), the so-called daVinci (robotic surgery) and precise reconstructive surgery. Dr. Buse is a well-known and recognized advisor in robotic surgery (daVinci). He trains surgeons and their teams from many national and international clinics. Also, the doctor is a member of numerous professional societies, such as the German Society of Urology, the European Association of Urology, the German Society of Robotic Surgery and the Society of Robotic Surgeons.
Prof. Dr. med. Ahmed MagheliCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
After studying medicine in Hamburg, Professor, Dr. Magheli began his professional career in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Bochum. Then the doctor spent two years at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, USA, where he was engaged in both clinical and research activities under the guidance of the famous urologist, Professor P. Walsh. Before Professor Magelli took up his position at the Vivantes Am Urban Hospital, he worked as head physician of the robotic surgery unit at the Charité Hospital, where he performed robotic radical prostatectomy and cystectomy.
Since March 2016, the professor is the head physician of the Department of Urology at the Vivantes Am Urban Hospital, and in December 2017 he was also appointed medical director of this clinic.