Kidney abscess: Compare Costs for a treatment abroad
If you have been diagnosed with kidney abscess, start treatment as soon as possible to ensure your speedy recovery.
Below is a list of kidney abscess treatments. By clicking on the search results, not only will you be able to find the most suitable clinics and the best specialists in this field, you will also be able to find out how much such treatments cost and book the program you are interested in online.
Booking Health offers the following options of treatment for this diagnosis.
Best hospitals for Kidney abscess treatment
check_circle Booking Health GmbH offers a full package of services
Send your request for the required treatment program
for your personal health issue.
Kidney abscess is an accumulation of pus in the kidneys. This condition can develop as a result of infection. In rare cases, kidney abscess can develop as a result of traumas to the tissues surrounding the kidneys, although more commonly it develops as a result of infections of kidney stones of a big size. This is a comparatively rare condition. In most cases kidney abscess can develop in the soft tissue surrounding the kidney, not the kidney itself. In some cases the accumulation of pus can form in the peripheral kidney tissue as well.
The most common infection which can cause kidney abscess is acute pyelonephritis in people, who have pyelonephritis on a recurrent basis. Kidney abscess can form as a result of acute pyelonephritis if the latter condition caused the inflammation of kidney tissues and this inflammation was not treated on time, which lead to accumulation of pus around it. People can get pyelonephritis if they suffer from frequent infections of urinary tract or they change the sexual partners very frequently without using the protection.
There are two main types of kidney abscess: microscopic and macroscopic. In microscopic kidney abscess the accumulation of pus is very small. In macroscopic abscess it is large in size. Overall, if kidney abscess is left untreated, it can lead to kidney failure, which is a medical emergency, therefore kidney abscess needs to be treated immediately upon detection.
- Abdominal pain
- Pain in the kidneys area
- Painful urination
- Blood in the urine in some cases
- Weight loss
- During a general examination, the doctor will palpate deeply the abdominal area and also area around the kidneys to determine the exact location of pain. A doctor will also inquire about recent infections a person has had and will also inquire if a person has fever or chills.
- A urinalysis is used to determine if there is bacteria or elevated levels of protein in the urine. It can also determine if there is blood in the urine.
- A blood test is used to determine if there is bacteria in the blood.
- Imaging tests such as an ultrasound or imaging tests are used to examine the kidney tissues and determine if there is accumulation of pus.
- Conservative treatment uses antibiotics to fight the infection which caused kidney abscess. In some cases antibiotics need to be taken intravenously to fight the bacteria.
- Open surgery drainage is a surgery used to drain the accumulation of pus from kidney tissues.
- Percutaneous drainage is a minimally invasive surgery, used to drain the abscess as well.