Varicocele: Compare Costs for a treatment abroad
Don't despair if you were diagnosed with varicocele. This is a very common disease of male's reproductive system and nowadays it is treated efficiently. The most important thing for you right now is to confirm the diagnosis and determine which kind of treatment suits you most. We can help you in solving this task.
Below, methods of varicocele treatments are listed. By clicking on the search results, not only will you be able to find the most suitable clinics and the best specialists in this field, you will also be able to find out how much such treatments cost and book the program you are interested in online.
Booking Health offers the following options of treatment for this diagnosis.
Best hospitals for Varicocele treatment
check_circle Booking Health Service is free of charge for you.
Send your request for the required treatment program
for your personal health issue.
Varicocele is the abnormality of scrotum vein causing vein enlargement. The scrotum is the sac, responsible for holding the testicles and delivering blood to male's reproductive organs. Varicocele can develop because of disruption of the spermatic cord, which contains the veins and arteries. This disease is most often diagnosed in males aged between 15-25 years.
According to American medical site Healthline, this condition is found in 15% of male population. It is also found in 15% of adolescent male population. Most often it develops in the left scrotum side. If not treated on time, this condition can affect sperm production and even result in infertility in a longer term. 35% of men diagnosed with primary infertility and 75% with secondary infertility have or had varicocele.
- Scrotum swelling
- Dull pain in the scrotum
- Enlarged veins in the scrotum, which become visible
- Palpable lump in one of the scrotum
- Problems with sperm production
- Inability to get the partner pregnant for a long time
Another indicator of varicocele is infertility duration of more than 2 years. In rare cases, this disease also affects testosterone production, which can cause behavioral changes.
- Physical examination is usually enough for diagnosis of varicocele, as it manifests itself in enlarged veins, which can be noticed even during the self-assessment. You may be required to lie down for this exam since varicocele condition becomes more pronounced in this particular position.
- Scrotum ultrasound is used to examine the veins from the inside and to measure the extent of their widening. It can also determine the stage of varicocele and indicate necessity of treatment.
- Sclerotherapy is a procedure, during which a doctor injects a salt solution into the scrotum vein, which can cause collapse of the spider web, created by enlarged veins. This method has been in use for over a century and it has proven its effectiveness.
- Surgical treatment includes two options: varicocelectomy and varicocele embolization. Varicocelectomy is a surgery when abnormal veins are clamped, allowing the blood flow to move properly. Varicocele embolization is a surgery, during which catheter is inserted into the groin and then coil is placed into the site of the veins enlargement. This coil prevents veins from the process of coiling.
These procedures help men avoid infertility and they completely restore the sperm production.