Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Musculoskeletal Surgery
Prof. Dr. med.
Specialized in: musculoskeletal surgery
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1971 – 1983 School, abitur
- 1985 - 1991 Study of Human Medizin Charité, Humboldt-University Berlin
- June 1991 Approbation
- June 1994 M.D. (Dr. med.) Department of Orthopaedics Charité, University Hospital Berlin (Prof. H. Zippel)
- Oct. 2000 Ph.D. (Priv.-Doz. Dr. med.) Department of Orthopaedics Charité, University-Hopital, Berlin (Prof. H. Zippel)
- Sept. 2005 Professorship of Orthopaedics
- 1991 – 1996 Specialist training at the Orthopaedics Clinic Charité, University Hospital, Berlin; (Head: Prof. Dr. med. H. Zippel)
- Oct. 1996 Orthopaedics Specialist Exam
- Dec. 1996 Appointment as Consultant Orthopaedic ClinicCharité, University Hospital, Berlin
- Dec. 1996 – Sept. 2003 Consultant Orthopaedic Clinic; Head of Endoprosthetics Department; Charité, University Hospital, Berlin
- since 1999 Organizer for national and international operative technique courses for hip and knee endoprosthetic surgery (triannually)
- since Oct. 2003 Deputy Director, Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery and Chairman of the Orthopaedic Department in the
- Center for Muskuloskeletal Surgery; Charité, University Hospital, Berlin
- 2013 Presitential guest speaker of the American Hip Society during the AAOS
Member of the:
- DGOOC (German Society for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery)
- DGU (German Society for Trauma Surgery)
- NOV (Northern Germany Orthopaedics Association)
- AAOS (American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons)
- Member of the International Hip Society
The Center of Musculoskeletal Surgery at the University Hospital Charite is the certified Trauma Center of Berlin with two highly specialized departments, namely the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, the Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery. Here patients receive the full range of treatment of the highest quality. The department is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. Carsten Perka.
The center treats patients with multiple traumas, spinal cord injuries and/or pelvic injuries. The fractures of large joints/bones and surgical/conservative treatment of osteoporotic fractures can also be treated here. In addition, the center offers services of pediatric and neuro-orthopedic surgery.
The Department of Trauma, Reconstructive Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery at the Campus Benjamin Franklin specializes in polytrauma, hand surgery, joint surgery, sports traumatology and spine surgery.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Center of Musculoskeletal Surgery at the University Hospital Charite ranks among the top German departments specializing in endoprosthetics!