Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Musculoskeletal Surgery (26108)
Specialized in: musculoskeletal surgery
About the department
The Center of Musculoskeletal Surgery at the University Hospital Charite is the certified Trauma Center of Berlin with two highly specialized departments, namely the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, the Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery. Here patients receive the full range of treatment of the highest quality. The department is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. Carsten Perka.
The center treats patients with multiple traumas, spinal cord injuries and/or pelvic injuries. The fractures of large joints/bones and surgical/conservative treatment of osteoporotic fractures can also be treated here. In addition, the center offers services of pediatric and neuro-orthopedic surgery.
The Department of Trauma, Reconstructive Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery at the Campus Benjamin Franklin specializes in polytrauma, hand surgery, joint surgery, sports traumatology and spine surgery.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Center of Musculoskeletal Surgery at the University Hospital Charite ranks among the top German departments specializing in endoprosthetics!
- 1985 - 1991 Study of Medicine, Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin.
- June 1991 Admission to medical practice.
- June 1994 Dr. med., Department of Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite University Hospital Berlin (Prof. H. Zippel).
- October 2000 PD, Dr. med., Department of Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite University Hospital Berlin (Prof. H. Zippel).
- September 2005 Professor in Orthopedics.
- 1991 - 1996 Professional education in the Department of Orthopedics, Charite University Hospital Berlin (Head: Prof. Dr. med. H. Zippel).
- October 1996 Examination in Orthopedics.
- December 1996 Consultant in Orthopedics, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- December 1996 - September 2003 Consultant in the Department of Orthopedics, Head of the Department of Endoprosthetics, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Since 1999 Organizer of national and international operational technical courses on hip and knee replacement surgery (three years).
- Since October 2003 Deputy Head of the Center of Musculoskeletal Surgery and Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics at the Center of Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 2013 Presiding Invited Speaker of the American Hip Society, AAOS.
- German Society of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery (DGOOC).
- German Society of Traumatology (DGU).
- Orthopedic Association of Northern Germany (NOV).
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS).
- Member of the International Hip Society.
Department of Musculoskeletal Surgery.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home