Charite University Hospital Berlin
Charité Comprehensive Cancer Center (26117)
Specialized in: oncology, hematology
About the Charité Comprehensive Cancer Center at Charite University Hospital Berlin
197 Booking Health patients have already received treatment in the Comprehensive Cancer Center at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
96% of patients recommend this hospital and department.
You can read reviews about the quality of the Booking Health service here.
Charité Comprehensive Cancer Center at the Charite University Hospital Berlin offers patients the full range of classical and innovative examinations, treatment of malignant diseases of all organs and anatomical structures of the human body. The spectrum is complemented by follow-up medical care, rehabilitation, modern schemes for the prevention and early detection of malignant diseases. An important component of the therapeutic process in the center is psycho-oncological care. The centerdals with the treatment of patients of all age groups, ranging from small children to elderly patients. The center is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ulrich Keilholz.
The center takes part in many leading clinical researches on the optimization of existing and the development of innovative therapeutic techniques. It integrates the work of all departments of the hospital engaged in the treatment of various types of cancers, therefore, the specialists from all medical fields cooperate closely here.
The center specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following malignant diseases:
|Tumors of the brain and spinal cord|
|Bone and soft tissue tumors||Sarcomas|
|Head and neck tumors|
|Cancer of the liver and biliary tract|
|Leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma|
|Lung cancer, including thymus cancer and pleural mesothelioma|
|Esophageal and stomach cancer|
|Adrenal cancer, neuroblastoma, pheochromocytoma|
|Neuroendocrine tumors with localization in the small and large intestines, pancreas, lung, stomach, cancer with unknown primary localization|
|Cancer in children and adolescents|
|Other oncological diseases|
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Ulrich Keilholz
- 2015 Appointed as Professor in Oncology (W3) and Head of the Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- 2013 - 2015 Acting Director of the Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center, Berlin.
- 2008 - 2013 Deputy Director of the Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- 2003 - 2015 C3 Professor in Clinical and Molecular Oncological Immunology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 1998 Visiting Professor in Internal Medicine, Free University of Berlin.
- 1997 - 2013 Deputy Head, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Oncological Immunology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 1993 Habilitation, Internal Medicine, Heidelberg University.
- 1993 Qualification in Hematology and Internal Oncology.
- 1990 - 1997 Senior Physician, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1990 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 1986 Scientific Internship at the National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, USA, Surgery, Department of Immunotherapy.
- 1983 - 1990 Fellow, Heidelberg University, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1984 PhD defense, Institute of Pathophysiology and Sports Medicine, Heidelberg University.
- 1977 - 1983 Study of Medicine at the University of Mainz, Heidelberg University, University of Lexington (USA).
Activities in the Scientific Societies
- 1999 - 2006 Board Member of the Working Group on Internal Oncology.
- 2003 - 2005 Working Group on Melanoma Treatment (EORTC), Secretary (2001 - 2003), Board Member (2003 - 2005).
- 2003 - 2006 International Society for Biological Cancer Therapy (iSBTc), Vice President (2003 - 2005), President (2005 - 2006).
- 2006 - 2009 National Representative of Germany in the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Charité Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.