Charite University Hospital Berlin
Charité Comprehensive Cancer Center (26117)
Specialized in: oncology, hematology
About the department
The Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center integrates all departments and units dealing with cancer treatment. The center offers patients the most advanced comprehensive cancer treatment. The center is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ulrich Keilholz.
Through the cooperation of all the Charite centers, the Comprehensive Cancer Center organizes and coordinates treatment of all types of oncological diseases. It offers medical treatment at the highest scientific level, not only due to the interdisciplinary diagnosis, therapy, postoperative care and rehabilitation, but also due to modern strategies of prevention and early detection of malignancies. Also, the Comprehensive Cancer Center is staffed by specially trained personnel, which offers counseling and care of cancer patients before, during and after therapy.
Thanks to close cooperation and interaction of the entire medical care system (family physicians, highly specialized experts, hospitals, psychological and social support centers, self-help groups and other medical facilities), the patients suffering from cancer can receive a long-term comprehensive treatment.
- 2015 Appointed as Professor in Oncology (W3) and Head of the Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- 2013 - 2015 Acting Director of the Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center, Berlin.
- 2008 - 2013 Deputy Director of the Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- 2003 - 2015 C3 Professor in Clinical and Molecular Oncological Immunology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 1998 Visiting Professor in Internal Medicine, Free University of Berlin.
- 1997 - 2013 Deputy Head, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Oncological Immunology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 1993 Habilitation, Internal Medicine, Heidelberg University.
- 1993 Qualification in Hematology and Internal Oncology.
- 1990 - 1997 Senior Physician, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1990 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 1986 Scientific Internship at the National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, USA, Surgery, Department of Immunotherapy.
- 1983 - 1990 Fellow, Heidelberg University, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1984 PhD defense, Institute of Pathophysiology and Sports Medicine, Heidelberg University.
- 1977 - 1983 Study of Medicine at the University of Mainz, Heidelberg University, University of Lexington (USA).
Activities in the Scientific Societies
- 1999 - 2006 Board Member of the Working Group on Internal Oncology.
- 2003 - 2005 Working Group on Melanoma Treatment (EORTC), Secretary (2001 - 2003), Board Member (2003 - 2005).
- 2003 - 2006 International Society for Biological Cancer Therapy (iSBTc), Vice President (2003 - 2005), President (2005 - 2006).
- 2006 - 2009 National Representative of Germany in the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO).
Charité Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home