University Hospital Bonn
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology (26291)
Dieter C. Wirtz
Specialized in: orthopedics, traumatology
The Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Bonn provides the full range of services in the treatment of all diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. The head of the Department is Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Dieter C. Wirtz. The fields of traumatology, hand surgery and plastic reconstructive surgery deal with the treatment of all diseases of the musculoskeletal system of any severity.
The qualified specialists under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Dieter C. Wirtz belong to the specialized teams of doctors of the University Hospital Bonn and provide treatment for various clinical pictures.
The main focuses of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Dieter C. Wirtz include:
- Joint surgery
- Hand surgery
- Pediatric and neuro-orthopedics
- Plastic reconstructive surgery
- Rheumatic orthopedics
- Sports orthopedics and traumatology
- Tumor orthopedics and hemophilia
- Spine surgery and orthopedics
The range of services in the field of traumatology at the University Hospital Bonn includes:
- Treatment of life-threatening injuries (polytrauma / multiple traumatic injuries),
- Treatment of complications and patients at high risk (compound joint and bone fractures, posttraumatic infections, reconstruction of joints etc.)
- Plastic reconstructive surgery of the musculoskeletal system (e.g., skin graft)
- Hand surgery
The orthopedic section of the Department, headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Dieter C. Wirtz, deals with the treatment of specific diseases in the field of joint surgery, spine surgery, tumor orthopedics and rheumatic orthopedics, pediatric orthopedics, physical therapy.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Bonn ranks among the top German departments specializing in endoprosthetics!
- Bonn, Germany