University Hospital Bonn
location_on Bonn, Germany
Department of Oncology, Hematology, Rheumatology and Immunoncology ( 26287)
Prof. Dr. med.
Specialized in: oncology, hematology, rheumatology, immunoncology
Curriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
General qualification for university entrance
- 5/1984 Friedrich-List-Gymnasium Reutlingen
- 10/1984 - 5/1991 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Tübingen
- 6/1991 Erlangen of the doctorate degree in medicine, University of Tübingen, overall assessment: very good
- 6/1991 - 8/1992 Doctor in an internship at the Medical University of Freiburg, Department of Hematology and Oncology
- 9/1992 - 1/1995 Scientific assistant at the Medical University Clinic of Heidelberg, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology
- since 1/1997 Scientific assistant at the Medical University Clinic of Tübingen, Department of Hematology, Oncology, Immunology and Rheumatology
- since 12/1999 specialist for internal medicine, additional designation hematology and internal oncology
- 2/2001 Habilitation for the Department of Internal Medicine
- 2/2001-12/2007 Clinical senior physician, Medical University Clinic Tübingen
- since 2002 Founding member and member of the Advisory Board of the Association "Cancer Immunotherapy" (KIMT)
- since 2003 Faculty member "Molecular targeted therapy of cancer" (MTTC)
- since 2004 guest professorship at the University of Genoa, Medical Faculty, Italy
- 05/2004 Second list place for the appointment procedure C3 Professorship for Clinical and Molecular Tumor Immunology at the Medical Faculty of the Charité University of Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin
- 06/2006 Third list place in the appointment procedure for the appointment of the W3 Professorship for Hematology and Oncology at the Medical Faculty of the University of Erlangen
- 09/2006 Third place in the appointment procedure for the W3 Professorship for Hematology and Oncology at the Medical Faculty of the University of Magdeburg, the offered professorship was rejected
- 06/2007 Call to the Chair (W3) for Hematology and Oncology, University of Bonn
- Since 01/2008 Director of the Medical Clinic and Polyclinic III for Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Bonn stay abroad
- 2/1995 - 1/1997 Research stay as a scholarship holder of the German Cancer Aid at the Howard-Hughes-Medical-Institute, Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA (Prof. M. J. Bevan)
- 10/1998 Arthur-Pappenheim Prize for Hematology and Hematological Oncology, awarded by the German Corporation of Hematology and Oncology
- 07/2006 Clinical Science Award 2005, awarded by the German Society for Immunotherapy
- German Society of Hematology and Oncology (DGHO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Section editor of the journal "Leukemia"
- German Cancer Aid
- Cancers of the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland and Great Britain
- Nature Medicine
- J Clinical Investigation
- Cancer Research
- J Immunology
The key objective of the Department of Internal Medicine III at the University Hospital Bonn is to create and offer optimal treatments for internal diseases on inpatient, partially inpatient and outpatient basis. The focuses include oncology, hematology, stem cell therapy and stem cell transplantation, internal intensive care, infectology, rheumatology as well as tumor immunology and immunological treatments. The head of the Department is Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Peter Brossart.
The Department has wards with special air-cleaning filters (Laminar Airflow) for patients with lymphomas and leukemias or therapy after autologous transplantation.
The team of doctors of the Department of Internal Medicine III at the University Hospital Bonn under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Peter Brossart makes every effort to provide an optimal patient care. The patients with blood clotting disorders or blood alternations as well as the patients with leukemia, malignant lymphomas, multiple myeloma, myeloproliferative sydromes and myelodysplastic sydromes are treated here. Another focus of the Department of Internal Medicine III at the University Hospital Bonn is rheumatology, which covers the full range of diagnosis and treatments for inflammatory and degenerative rheumatic and immunological diseases.